TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Took my first trip to the park today, and its was moderately packed. Got the important rides in Early (El Toro 5 times and Kingda Ka front row) and got the B&Ms for the remainder of the day. It was a nice day for coaster riding and I must say SFGAdv has one of the most impressize coaster line ups.

Can anyone tell me if Green Lantern is smooth or rough?

DO NOT RIDE IT. Its smooth from the Chain Lift to the loop; then you pray for the ride to be over. At least that's what I did. Avoid at all means necessary.

^^It will depend on the rider, and maybe the day or something.

I am always fine on it- maybe a little head-banging, but nothing unbearable. I've rerode it multiple times in the back row just fine- it's hard to do too many from the intensity on your legs, but that's the ride, not the roughness.

Did anybody else go to the park yesterday? It was INSANELY crowded. Everything had a 45 minute wait at least. So much for my 20 ride marathon on El Toro which is now the best roller coaster I have ever ridden Seriously I absolutely loved El Toro. At the park I was there from open to close and rode all seven big coasters. My preferred order went like El Toro, Nitro, Kingda Ka, Bizarro, Batman, Superman, and Green Lantern. The only one I didn't have an awesome experience on was Green Lantern but my shorts made the stand up seats twice as awkward and uncomfortable. But I LOVED Great Adventure even with the freak of nature on a weekday crowds. The best coaster collection of any park I've been too.

El Toro is awesome, the park itself sucks loll can remember going in the late 90's early 2000's and a ton of flats now its mainly coasters . I just go for events and thats it the park isn't even worth going to for events any more . The only 3 coasters i like are el toro, batman, kingda ka. Skull mountain, DK the mine train aren't bad , but nitro and bizarro is a snooze fest , Green Lantern/chang is pretty good too . Superman is only good for that pretzel loop.

El Toro is awesome, the park itself sucks loll can remember going in the late 90's early 2000's and a ton of flats now its mainly coasters . I just go for events and thats it the park isn't even worth going to for events any more . The only 3 coasters i like are el toro, batman, kingda ka. Skull mountain, DK the mine train aren't bad , but nitro and bizarro is a snooze fest , Green Lantern/chang is pretty good too . Superman is only good for that pretzel loop.

You would rather have a ton of flats than a ton of quality coasters?

I can't believe how much the paint is already fading on Green Lantern, you can see the yellow from Chang coming through all over the ride. Hopefully Six Flags bought the warranty on their paint!

How?... The original paint was sand blasted off, and it was a fresh coat put on by B&M. If it's the corkscrew, that's cause it was painted poorly on site due to the park deciding after they put it up, that they want the loop to be yellow..