TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

OK, I'm someone who you could call "CRAZED" for Batman and Robin: The Chiller! I want to be able to ride it again SO badly! Most people think its in a warehouse somewhere, but they are wrong ! It is on a farm a few miles away from SFGA. There was a fire there a few years ago and in the photo located below the chiller looks nice and shiny, but in a few years IT WONT! From what I hear Six Flags doesn't own it anymore, so it almost definitely will never come back to a Six Flags park. Hopefully it will open in another park sometime, but until then I want to make sure it doesn't rust beyond repair. I was wondering if someone else had any info on this whatsoever. On this post you can chat about the ride, its final location, and pretty much anything else that has something to do with this. There are some aerial photos of the farm here: http://www.flyinphilsphotos.com/amuse/nj/sfga/x-chiller/2009-01-04/album0.html , Here are the rest of the photos:

28477405_chiller1.thumb.jpg.34f9b2bdf44f26ee6342002370eb1de4.jpg

Where the chiller sits rusting compared to SFGA

1785633953_chiller2.thumb.jpg.1cabcdf17ebaab0ac1080864b587bb4d.jpg

there it is, the chiller ITSELF rusting in pieces

Untitled-1.jpg.305e082649cca40327766803eaeac51f.jpg

a fireman with the chiller in the background

^Please use this thread for any further discussion about Batman and Robin: The Chiller instead of making multiple new topics.

Both of the topics you have been made today have been merged into this thread.

Thanks!

Edited by ernierocker

Something that could be of interest, a member from GADV.com posted an album of pictures from the SFGADV survey regarding 2012 additions and prices and what not. Haven't really been following the thread a ton, so sorry if this isn't really new news, but it's still surprising to see how upfront the park is being about it.

http://s1130.photobucket.com/albums/m538/GadvMike/Great%20Adventure%20Survey/

Sorry kinda off-topic...

I'm going to Six Flags Great Adventure for the first time ever August 17th. I have concerns regarding El Toros dreaded intamin seatbelts. I am 6'3 267lbs. I don't really have the biggest gut, I used to play football and have been working out all summer. My waistline is about 38-40 maybe less cause 40 feels absolutely enormous on me. Will I have any issues with El Toro? I would be really upset if I got turned away from my most anticipated roller coaster at the park. Can't wait to go!

Sorry kinda off-topic...

I'm going to Six Flags Great Adventure for the first time ever August 17th. I have concerns regarding El Toros dreaded intamin seatbelts. I am 6'3 267lbs. I don't really have the biggest gut, I used to play football and have been working out all summer. My waistline is about 38-40 maybe less cause 40 feels absolutely enormous on me. Will I have any issues with El Toro? I would be really upset if I got turned away from my most anticipated roller coaster at the park. Can't wait to go!

Just be sure to use the test seat before getting into the queue line. That will save time and frustration. I hope you make it! It's an amazing ride - my #1 wood!

^Thanks, It would really suck to have gone to Great Adventure and have ridden everything but El Toro. I'm not one bit concerned about KKs restraints or the B&Ms. I rode i305 while it had the regular should harnesses and that thing came right down on me no issues whatsoever with room to spare between my chest and the should bars.

Sorry kinda off-topic...

It's difficult to say for certain but make sure you try the test seat before getting in line. A friend of mine (also a football player) who doesn't have a huge gut had trouble because of the size of his thighs. The gut can sometimes be adjusted, but not so much with your upper legs.

I was at the park on Tuesday. My waistline is approximately 38, and to be completely honest, I was kind of scared that the belt would not get around me. I had no concerns as I have ridden the coaster many times in the past (at a smaller waist size), but when I got on I just did get the belt around me, and I was stappled in by the restraint tighter than I had ever been before. Good luck! I hope you get to ride it!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably going to Great Adventure this upcoming Tuesday (7/26/11) and it will be my first trip to the park in 2 years. How have crowds been this season on Tuesdays, and how much more crowded is the boardwalk now with the addition of Green Lantern?

Green Lantern has about an hour, hour and a half wait on average. When I was there, I got a gold flash pass, and the wait was cut down to 8 minutes, but even then, the ride really isn't worth it. I'd say if you can, get a flash pass. My group went around the whole park riding all the roller coasters in 2 hours with the flash pass, and so we kept going around again and again and again. I'd say start your way from either side of the park and work your way around. The ride queue times are about an hour on the weekdays, more for coasters like Kingda Ka and Nitro. (Also I'm talking about on the weekday) But the lines really thin out by about 5. Superman: Ultimate Flight which had a queue time of 1 hour, had absolutely no line at 5. We didn't even need to use our flash pass. But yeah, the park can get busy. If you get a flash pass and plan to stay the whole day, it'll definitely be worth the absurd amounts of cash you have to rack up.

I went on Tuesday, July 5th and the longest I waited was my second ride on Kingda Ka after I rode everything else in the park. We rode it at around 3:00 and it was a 20 min wait. Green Lantern died down to about 15 min around that time and there was a walk-on for SUPERMAN at that time. I couldn't believe it!!! The whole day there was a walk-on for Bizarro, Nitro, Dark Knight, Skull Mountain, Batman, and the BACK SEATS FOR EL TORO!!! I couldn't believe that we only waited one ride for the back. The front had to be about 10 rides along with the other rows. Nobody was at the back of the station! I had a perfect day at Great Adventure besides people throwing up when I'm about to get on Batman and Nitro. I hate that. They take forever to clean the trains.

^ Rofl same some kid puked on El Toro, took em like 20 minutes to clean it up. I mean really? El Toro? Tsk tsk tsk. Oh Oh and I love the "Visual Check!" And they look around the station with their hand covering them from the 'Sun'. lol that made me laugh.

I went on Tuesday, July 5th and the longest I waited was my second ride on Kingda Ka after I rode everything else in the park. We rode it at around 3:00 and it was a 20 min wait. Green Lantern died down to about 15 min around that time and there was a walk-on for SUPERMAN at that time. I couldn't believe it!!! The whole day there was a walk-on for Bizarro, Nitro, Dark Knight, Skull Mountain, Batman, and the BACK SEATS FOR EL TORO!!! I couldn't believe that we only waited one ride for the back. The front had to be about 10 rides along with the other rows. Nobody was at the back of the station! I had a perfect day at Great Adventure besides people throwing up when I'm about to get on Batman and Nitro. I hate that. They take forever to clean the trains.

This is how it has always been for me at Great Adventure except for one time I went during one of the Thursday night concerts...big mistake. I just wasn't sure if anything has changed, I guess it stills seems to be hit or miss with the crowds. Hopefully this past heatwave will thin out the crowds even with it cooling down next week, I really hate waiting in lines at Six Flags on a hot day and I absolutely refuse to pay any sort of money on a flashpass.

If you don't get a flash pass be sure to drink a lot of water. So many people passed out waiting in lines. 3 people alone passed out at the end of the line at Green Lantern. That would just ruin a day of fun

I am planning on going this Wed (7/27). I know there is a Mike Posner concert, so hopefully it won't be too bad. I was planning on getting there and walking around checking out wait times before I decied to buy a Flashpass. But anyway, I have never heard of Mike Posner so mabey that won't attract too many people.

With the Green Lantern, it is odd that people aren't giving Green Lantern good reviews such as on ThemeParkInsider.com, the Riddler's Revenge is rated a 9 and Green Lantern is rated a low 7. Though, it is known to be the best and smoothest stand-up coaster. The question is: Does it still hold the honor of best stand-up coaster?

You realize that most of your posts, including this one, make no sense, right?

I was at Great Adventure the past 2 days - Friday & Saturday. I had a great time (as usual), except for Friday morning. Friday morning I took the walk back to Green Lantern. I normally go to Superman. That was a big mistake. They were testing the ride with 3 trains. They the decided to take one train off, and the track never returned to normal operating position. They had at least 5 maintenance guys there with no success. I then went to Superman got to the platform, and then no dispatches. No announcements were made, and a loudmouth guy at the loading gate started screaming at the rideops (who were hiding). One rideop came out and told the guy they could hear him across the platform. The rideop then proceeded to tell him to shut his mouth. He was also told to leave before they call security. The guest had a big mouth, but there was no need to tell him to shut up and leave so everyone could hear. It was now nearly noon and I've yet to ride anything! I then walked to El Toro and got 10 rides in a row.

They closed all the rides around 2 because of storms 15 miles near the area. I understand that. I went to my hotel and came back later and got lots of rides. Saturday was good except for all the G.P. puking!

^^Whether or not Green Lantern is the best stand up coaster is a matter of opinion, but it is nowhere near the smoothest. They should have named it the Green Rattler, the name would have been more appropriate.

Riddler and Georgia Scorcher are both much, much smoother, and the ride I had on Mantis this year was like glass.

Yeah Green Lantern was a big mistake knowing what Mantis was like. I literally prayed for it to be over, and couldn't pay attention to the ride because I was too caught up in keeping my head stationary. If it wasn't even worth the 8 minute queue with a Flash Pass, it's not gonna be worth the hour wait either.

^^Whether or not Green Lantern is the best stand up coaster is a matter of opinion, but it is nowhere near the smoothest. They should have named it the Green Rattler, the name would have been more appropriate.

Riddler and Georgia Scorcher are both much, much smoother, and the ride I had on Mantis this year was like glass.

Amen, I agree with 2 out of 3. I haven't been on Mantis this year yet, but I can say I've NEVER had a ride on Mantis that was like glass.

^Nor have I until this year. Rode in the back row and it was the best ride I've ever had on it. Turning the trim off has done wonders for that ride.

Thanks for the advice. I always like the last row on steel. I'll try it again in a few weeks when I'm there. This week it's NTAG , and Bizarro Bash in New England.