TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Adventureland (Iowa) Discussion Thread

I've heard chatter that the ride will be located where the figure 8 on Dragon used to be and then connect roughly where the games are by Tornado, leaving the rest of Dragon's plot and station to be used for something else in the future. I mean, it makes sense as that's the only area that has seen any demolition or land work. I don't imagine they'd reuse Dragon's station for a free spin as the modifications they'd have to make would make it more worthwhile to just start from scratch. I mean, you'd have to setup entry and exit points on both sides of the station, completely redo the queue ramps and station platform to make it completely level etc etc. It's a lot to do when they could just build a station from scratch.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, at least now, I know where the old statue will go.

Adventureland is looking sooooo much better, than when I visited it in....1976.

(I also learned to drive, that trip to Iowa and back to Vancouver. Great road trip it was.)

^^ I wonder who's going to eventually get that dragon statue?

It's a statue, so there's already a petition to have it removed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please no one over react or get triggered by this post. I can not talk my wife into a Kings Island or Cedar Point trip since those parks require mask and my wife does not want to wear one in the heat of summer all day at a park. So we just did a Mt Olympus trip since they don't require a mask. I am curious if this park requires them? We have not been to this park yet and we have heard good things about it.

/\

Adventureland has been operating as normal since the governor got rid of the capacity cap. If you or your wife are okay with taking the risk at Mount Olympus, you'll be fine over here.

We really enjoyed Mt Olympus for what it was. Does Adventureland have a skip the line program? If we go it would be a Saturday in August and coming from Michigan I would want to make sure to ride everything

/\

Adventureland does not have a skip the line program. Depending on what time you show up, the lines shouldn't be a problem even on a Saturday. Usually the only line that gets over 30 minutes would be Monster, and occasionally Phoenix. If coasters are your goal, you should be fine.

Here are some ride tips from a local that visits the park almost every day:

1. Tornado is great in the front, but if you can handle some roughness, the pull over the first drop in back is incredible. The middle rows (4-9) don't do anything, so I'd avoid those, and row 3 is the worst spot on the ride.

2. Outlaw is a back row ride. The park did some retracking over the offseason and it's running great, to the point that I could go back and fourth between it and Monster.

3. My personal favorite seat on Monster is front left edge, but the ops usually don't let you wait for another train here, so It's a 50-50 shot at front or back.

The ride ops are generally awesome on all but Monster and will let you wait for a front or back row ride.

/\

Adventureland does not have a skip the line program. Depending on what time you show up, the lines shouldn't be a problem even on a Saturday. Usually the only line that gets over 30 minutes would be Monster, and occasionally Phoenix. If coasters are your goal, you should be fine.

1. Tornado is great in the front, but if you can handle some roughness, the pull over the first drop in back is incredible. The middle rows (4-9) don't do anything, so I'd avoid those, and row 3 is the worst spot on the ride.

2. Outlaw is a back row ride. The park did some retracking over the offseason and it's running great, to the point that I could go back and fourth between it and Monster.

3. My personal favorite seat on Monster is front left edge, but the ops usually don't let you wait for another train here, so It's a 50-50 shot at front or back.

The ride ops are generally awesome on all but Monster and will let you wait for a front or back row ride.

Thank you so much! Most parks usually have that one ride that draws me and makes me want to visit and Monster looks great! I hear the bars at this park are great!

I just hit 21 this year, so I haven't had the time to appreciate the bars yet. However I can say that the Oktoberfest tent at the front of the park has a ton of different beers on tap. If they still do their over 21 event at the end of the year, I'm all in!

(Oh! One thing I forgot to mention, they only check to see if the seatbelts are buckled on the wooden coaster, so if you're like me, leave them as loose as possible!)

1. Tornado is great in the front, but if you can handle some roughness, the pull over the first drop in back is incredible

Yes! 2nd to back is nearly as good, but with much less grind.

and row 3 is the worst spot on the ride.

Unless you like a couple doses of excellent classic real airtime haha. Rough yes, fun yes! Not many buzz bars left folks, enjoy em now.

Tornado is a great opportunity to enjoy a classic-ish woodie with classic-ish trains (both rare now) that gives a sense of style and pacing in a design. Many coaster people would say "you mean it's slow here and there." Yes. And enjoyable for it. Variety folks! Thrill moments, scenic moments and setting, great views. If you like more than forces, Tornado is a great family ride for everyone!

Edited by JT325

• 3 weeks later...

Adventureland is running a promotion where a Six Flags or Cedar Fair photo ID pass will get you into A-land free. However our CF platinum passes don’t have our photos on the card, so I don’t know how they’re going to actually do this.

E4D07511-8CBA-4270-B028-542CF21D1A41.thumb.png.62cb97bb181ab3b8852c0296ef04163c.png

I'm pretty sure SF passes don't have photos on them either (the last one I had in 2017 sure didn't). Sounds like a marketing ploy to get people there, then tell them their pass has to have a photo (knowing damn well that none of them do), in hopes of people buying a daily ticket at the gate since they're already there.

EDIT: I called them out on it in the FB comments. We'll see what their response is.

EDIT 2: They replied that showing the pass and your login on a park app would suffice. I suggested they update their original post to reflect this since no CF or SF passes actually have photos on them anymore.