TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Adventureland (Iowa) Discussion Thread

Thank you Nrthwnd !

Does Storm Chaser have the same night lighting as the CF Windseekers?

I think so, or at least they have similar colors and schemes. I know that each park gets to customize the ride's package.

Also check out this video on the construction updates from KCCI news.

www.kcci.com/news/new-thrill-ride-taking-shape-at-adventureland/38689858

This looks nice and all and I understand it from a financial standpoint but is anyone else personally wishing they spent the money they're spending on this to restore the Log Flume?

(I'm prepared for the answer to be no... lol)

Also I don't want to hear about the maintenance costs of Log Flumes, I understand but I'm speaking from a personal standpoint... not a business one.

I admit I know next to nothing about this park but after seeing that last picture of a Skyway with no cars on it I got excited and thought it was a Von Roll. I guess it's a fixed grip that they took the cars off for maintenance... I'm disappointed. lol

I like how the ride pulls a "Cheetah Hunt" with the Skyway though.

^ You're thinking about this backward. The log flume wasn't removed because they wanted to put in Monster; Monster was put I'm because they wanted to remove the log flume.

No I'm thinking of it very logically. The log flume (while true it needed attention) had a very low height limit whereas Monster will have a much higher requirement. Inverter was put on the Super Screamer's old site. That site could have handled the new ride easily

No, the log flume didn't "need attention." It was toast. It wouldn't have run this year regardless. So rather than have a big empty area and build a coaster on the edge of the park, they built the new roller coaster in a big centrally located area that was suddenly empty.

Well after listening to the entire thing, it's obvious that you are taking some liberties with your conclusion of it being "toast". The fact is, if the park wanted to keep the flume there were options. I stand by my statement that it is unfortunate that the park chose this route but it appears this was the "easy way / cheap way" to move forward

Well after listening to the entire thing, it's obvious that you are taking some liberties with your conclusion of it being "toast". The fact is, if the park wanted to keep the flume there were options. I stand by my statement that it is unfortunate that the park chose this route but it appears this was the "easy way / cheap way" to move forward

I took that from her statement, and this is a direct quote, "Once it was determined that [2015] was going to be the last year we could run it safely, we started thinking of what we could replace it with."

Obviously she's PR, but as I don't have any inside sources at this park, I kind of just went by what a high level park director had to say about it. Where I come from, you don't accuse someone of lying unless you've got proof. That's why they call it the "Show Me State."

The new trains look great!

Double post - don't care.

From the park's Facebook account.

I love those cars! THIS is why they call them Infinity coasters. Infinite possibilities for customization!

Also people shouldn't get their panties in a wad over this log flume too much (not you PhantomPoster32, as I know you were just wondering for other possibilities. I'm talking about some whiny complainers I've seen) . The GP are acting like they'll never see one again. I'm pretty sure I've heard Molly (Adventureland's spokesperson from the In The Loop interview) say multiple times that they plan on building a new structure in the future. I actually wouldn't be surprised if it we see one in a year or two!

image_1701.jpeg.0f25df5e4904396857aa9c80c833bcdb.jpeg