TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Adventureland (Iowa) Discussion Thread

Glad that Monster has finally gone vertical. I'm thinking this could potentially be the sleeper hit of 2016. Especially glad to see this get built since I live only 3 hours away.

On a side note, I hope that Adventureland is making some park infrastructure/aesthetic improvements along with the coaster. When I was there last year, the park looked like it was in a state of disrepair (buildings that haven't been updated/renovated in years, weeds growing all over the place, etc.)

On a side note, I hope that Adventureland is making some park infrastructure/aesthetic improvements along with the coaster. When I was there last year, the park looked like it was in a state of disrepair (buildings that haven't been updated/renovated in years, weeds growing all over the place, etc.)

That's sad to hear. I've always thought that Adventureland has been known for being clean, cut and beautiful. They're usually good at keeping stuff like buildings up to date let alone cutting the weeds...

I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary when I visited but I guess we"ll get to see when we come to ride the Monster in just a couple months. If these things are true and they really do need to tend to the park, they better do it this year as I'm feeling like this new coaster will bring in a lot more visitors than an average year.

^

I'll admit I may have overstated the problem with the weeds, and the front of the park/Main Street area does look very nice, however beyond that, the park did feel somewhat run-down.

The park looks fine. Until it looks like SFMM, there's not much room to complain about looking "run down"

Surely a line could be drawn somewhere between "well maintained" and "SFMM"....

Regardless, I had the pleasure of visiting for the first time last summer, and I can't wait to go back and check out Monster! Glad to see things are moving along.

The park posted on their Facebook page today that they're doing a "30 Days of Adventureland Contest". It's actually a really cool idea. All you have to do is like and share the post and then send a photo and they'll pick a winner for each day. This would be a fun and easy way to win a free ticket, especially since we all wanna ride Monster this year.

https://www.facebook.com/Adventureland-Park-102775329805861/?fref=nf

Fun Contest Alert!! Friday, April 1st starts the 30 day countdown to opening day of Adventureland Park. To celebrate, we are starting a contest "30 Days Of Adventureland"!

FIRST: You must LIKE and SHARE this post to be eligible to win!

SECOND: Submit your best Adventureland photo to info@adventurelandpark.com (One submission ONLY per person/email address/ physical address - other submissions will be disqualified).

We will choose one photo every day in April to post on our Facebook page, and if your photo is chosen you will win a FREE ticket to Adventureland Park! Photos can be classically great pictures or hilariously funny - it's up to you! So start looking through your Adventureland family photo archives and send us your very best one - we can't wait to see them!

This is the pic that I submitted.

10996315_10206758887957782_6965498191431014300_n.jpg.adb88bf7ccdc999ae55eeaba95aad39c.jpg