TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apparently the park sent out an email saying that Kings Dominion will open on March 22nd! Oh, did I say March? I meant May. Alpengeist, InvadR and Verbolten are open tomorrow. This comp

Too bad Volcano isn't still around. It was ahead of its time not only technologically, but it already had limited capacity down to a science.

Kings Dominion is a very good park with some great rides but KD and BGW are headed in very opposite directions right now. Those things can both be true.

Posted Images

If anything as far as the name for RMC Hurler goes being related to an apple, (and I'm not saying it will be) it will be Apple Turnover.

Bahahaha... that's what RMC should name the better/longer inverted drop element that I'm hoping for! It will be the Apple turnover!

Unfortunately, my excitement for this RMC pales in comparison to my excitement for Mean Streak, but seeing recent photos I did get the impression that this would feature an inverted drop, or at least a very steep but short drop, with the potential for great airtime over the top.

I think I anticipate RMC's Meanstreak more, but seeing what they've done with that only gets me more excited for Hurler. Whether Hurler has an inverted drop, a steep drop, or whatever else RMC comes up with, it looks like it'll get a good bit of speed from the initial drop off the lift.

Two things that these teasers have made me think:

Rattle the windows makes me think of a station fly-through. The station building for Hurler was pretty huge so maybe they will use some of that space to fly through, coming in and/or out of themed shattered windows.

And every time I see the "⊥T" it makes me think of the interlocking stalls on Twisted Colossus. I know it's extremely unlikely to see a similar element on this coaster since it's not racing but that is what I see when I look at the ⊥T.

If Hurler is being renamed "Rotten Apple" maybe it can be sponsored by Angry Orchard hard cider.

Sample pints on the exit ramp? I'm in!

LOL I know I wonder why I even care. Its not like they are going to theme it much. I guess I'm just curious to know the name and layout.

Yeah, I've carefully analyzed the clues and decided that it's totally going to be an RMC Hurler. You heard it here first...

That's just rampant speculation. It's clearly a B&M Mega Coaster because the park wants balance its collection. God I hate when people say KD needs a B&M Mega Coaster to "balance out"

Just dropping by to analyze some of the (RMC Hurler) teasers that have given people headaches for a while.

(For reference, you can see most of the teasers here and today's teaser here.)

I'll go in chronological order. Feel free to update me/roast me if I'm spewing old news or missing anything. I'm also speculating, and operating on the assumption that all of these teasers pertain to RMC Hurler rather than Haunt. Stick with me, the explanations are long-winded but will make more sense as they progress.

Teaser #1: "816". Pretty obvious IMO, this is the announcement date, and Screamscape reported the same three days ago.

Teaser #2: "20. BE⊥TER than 4." I think this is probably a reference to airtime moments, since I remember four major airtime hills on Old Hurler (two after the first turn, two after the second). See Teaser #3 for more on this.

Teaser #3: "3. BE⊥TER than none." This is definitely a reference to inversions. I am hedging my bets that this ride will be very similar to

, another I-Box coaster, in size, speed, and layout. A YouTube channel did a rough estimate of the new Hurler height (they came up with about 110 feet), which is very similar to Medusa's. Medusa Steel Coaster has three inversions, including the inverted drop that would fit Hurler's drop well. This also lends credibility to the airtime explanation for Teaser 2 because both follow the "better than" format, which seems to compare RMC Hurler and Old Hurler.

Teaser #4: "28. Makes it BE⊥TER." This teaser is one of the hardest to decode, but I'm pretty sure I figured it out. Obviously, it follows a slightly different format than the previous two, since there's no concrete point of reference to Old Hurler. However, as discussed in Teaser 3, the new height of RMC Hurler should be somewhere around 110 feet. The height of Old Hurler was 83 feet. Simple addition leads to the realization that adding 28 feet of height to Old Hurler would make it 111 feet tall. 28 feet makes it BE⊥TER.

Teaser #5: "It left everything TA⊥TERED and torn in its wake." This one has the highest probability of being a reference to RMC Hurler's real name, and suggests that it will be themed after some sort of beast or monster, an interesting choice given the ride's original Wayne's World theme.

Teaser #6: "It can be a bit KNO⊥TY." I think this is another inversion reference, although as with #5, this one is harder to pinpoint as it contains less concrete references and will probably require context to understand when we get more details in two weeks.

TL;DR I am pretty confident that I decoded RMC Hurler's first four teasers, which are references to the ride's announcement date and new stats. As for the last two, well, 816. Thanks for reading!

^I can get behind these theories, especially since I want to believe they can fit 20 airtime moments onto this conversion! I'm excited to see the full details on 8/16.

Between this and RMC Mean Streak, I will certainly be getting a Platinum pass.

Hurler had 5 airtime moments, 6 in the back due to the drop. 3 on the backstretch alone. However it might have had about 4 seconds of air. I still think it's just 2018 vs. 1994 .

It's clear what we're getting but these teasers are aggravating enough to be their own thing.

Hello everyone....

I can not find a general Cedar Fair page when I search for one...

Does Cedar Fair do a huge season pass sale like Six Flags does over Labor Day Weekend every year? I am planning on getting a platinum season pass next year for KD with the added food, drink, and funpix options. It looks like this will end up being well over $200.00 and if they have a sale I would rather wait.

Thank you for all the feed back guys!

Plan on getting the platinum pass so I can go to KD, Dorney (LOVE this park), Cedar Point and hopefully throw in Carowinds since I've never been and Kings Island because I think its a great park and never got to enjoy their water park.

Short answer: No.

Season passes go on sale usually in August. Prices gradually rise until May/June. The difference between early and late purchase is less than $20.

Prices last year stayed the same until spring. Platinum was $189 from August announcements till the end of April.