TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

• Replies 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wait, there is actually going to be a safari-themed ride in Safari Village? Is that allowed? 🤣

My money, in all seriousness, is on Tiki Twirl.  CF already has a logo drawn up and everything.

He has a lot more history with Kings Dominion than just 2 years. You also forgot that Carnival and Winterfest also came in under him (I know they aren't rides, but I feel they are big improvements for

Posted Images

So this one dude on Facebook claims that the #KD2018 announcement date will be August 17.

Now I know that he's most likely full of crap (and has been talking to the Dippin Dot's guy too much), but just in case, has anyone heard about this date?

image.thumb.png.872d2819007028bef394b5026297ed09.png

I was wondering if it might be even earlier, so I don't think that's unlikely. Parks can use some free publicity early June or last 2/3rds of August. While an announcement may cause some to wait until next year, I'm convinced that it also gives the park a short-term boost immediately (and that I305's announcement drew in more people than actually opening the thing).

So this one dude on Facebook claims that the #KD2018 announcement date will be August 17.

If its on the internet, it must be true.

If its on the internet, it must be true.

Is that not the rule of life?

There's a 100% chance it's announced either sometime between 8AM and 5PM, inclusive, on a day between Monday and Friday, inclusive, or else at some other time.

Well that narrows it down

It's also safe to say it will happen in the second half of the year but before the final quarter, or otherwise some other time.

There is nothing confirming that date, but there is also nothing refuting it. Announcements normally happen right around that time, so it's plausible.

This is something that I see all the time now to justify the plausibility of stupid bullsh*t and it drives me nuts. If some random guy comes up with some "inside information" straight out of their a** then the burden of proof is on them. We don't need anything refuting it.

I honestly can't believe this screenshot of a social media comment from someone nobody had ever heard of gained this much traction.

I'll be going to the park Wednesday and I was wondering what I should expect of crowds. Will fastlane be required? I'm looking forward to riding I305 again. I'll also be going to BGW the next day.

I'll be going to the park Wednesday and I was wondering what I should expect of crowds. Will fastlane be required? I'm looking forward to riding I305 again. I'll also be going to BGW the next day.

We just did all coasters at BGW and 9 at King's Dominion in one day. (yesterday), Sunday 5/30.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Middle of the week after a holiday weekend, you should not need FL+ unless there are a ton of school groups there. Even then, it will generally die down once they leave around 5-6:00.

There is nothing confirming that date, but there is also nothing refuting it. Announcements normally happen right around that time, so it's plausible.

This is something that I see all the time now to justify the plausibility of stupid bullsh*t and it drives me nuts. If some random guy comes up with some "inside information" straight out of their a** then the burden of proof is on them. We don't need anything refuting it.

I honestly can't believe this screenshot of a social media comment from someone nobody had ever heard of gained this much traction.

I totally get where you're coming from. I guess my philosophy was just "who cares." We have seen announcements around that time, so why spend so much time supporting or denying this claim when we know they're gonna announce it around August anyway? Whether it's the 15, 16, 17, 20, who really cares this far in a advance? The coaster is still coming in 2018. I'm surprised too it gained so much traction!

I wasn't trying to come across as justifying that claim. My initial reaction was just "that date sorta makes sense based on Cedar Fair's history, but it's also pulled from someone's a**, so what's the point of arguing either side?" Guess I could've been more clear.

Hey guys I have a question, can you renew gold season passes from 2015? I tried renewing 2 of them online but they keep coming up as invalid.. Glitch in the system or do I have to purchase new season passes?

There's a 100% chance it's announced either sometime between 8AM and 5PM, inclusive, on a day between Monday and Friday, inclusive, or else at some other time.

Well that narrows it down

It's also safe to say it will happen in the second half of the year but before the final quarter, or otherwise some other time.

Ooh, I think you're on to something here. Perhaps the announcement will take place on Earth? It might also be on another celestial body or in space.

Hey guys I have a question, can you renew gold season passes from 2015? I tried renewing 2 of them online but they keep coming up as invalid.. Glitch in the system or do I have to purchase new season passes?

I don't believe you can renew a pass from that far back. You may need to contact KD Guest Services (804) 876-5000 to find out for sure, especially since it will not allow you to do so online.