TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

P. 767: WinterFest Media Night Report

Its a shame you missed it as that flyover video inspired our resident FAA experts to enlighten us on the legalities of flying a drone over the park.

Yeah what kind of nerd knows the ins and outs of an industry?!

Has the trim brakes on the 2nd airtime hill on i305 annoyed anyone else? They should at least be moved to the bottom of the drop

I'm personally okay with them. One or two times in the past have they actually bothered me; normally I'm so caught up in the ride I never pay attention to them (especially in the last row). Of course, that's just me...

I also haven't ridden i305 without them, either.

^^-- yeah it feels to me like when you drive fast up a hill and at the last moment before going over the peak, you slam on the brakes so you don't die. That hill might be OK but the following bits wouldn't (though they were slightly faster when the trim was on the first drop). I dislike the sensation of slowing down in itself, but can see some trimming and speed regulation at that point is part of the design. Coulda, shoulda ... the worst part is if you allow it to irritate you and not enjoy the end for what it is (not the best part, and never will be the best part on something like this).

Re: Hurler, does anyone know anything about RMC's preliminary activities? I expect they have blueprints for Hurler, but they may still want to do some measurements. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a laser scanner that can measure a whole coaster (preferably before removing anything). Who knows how far along things are.

Has the trim brakes on the 2nd airtime hill on i305 annoyed anyone else? They should at least be moved to the bottom of the drop

I only rode I305 this last autumn, but while you can absolutely feel that trim it never bothered me once on my dozen laps. You still fly through those last few hills/twists.

Is there any decent way to ride Anaconda? I mean I know it's insanely rough but what is the best seat to ride it in based off experience? I rode it twice in the middle rows and both times it was one step below Advil.

The only rough part to me is the middle of the "figure 8" where it dives down by the water. Lean hard into the restraint and stick your head forward. That's the only part of the ride I consider uncomfortable. But those corkscrews quickly make you forget about it!

Is there any decent way to ride Anaconda?

Yeah, sit down, pull down the restraint and stop your bitching because the Anaconda don't want none.

Better yet, save your bitching for the ride, screaming obscenities is barely even optional. It's a real He Man ride!

Some say ride in the middle, last I did I got a concussion that affected me 3 days. Front 3 rows or the very back row. Front row of the back car if you're feeling lucky. It's rough but fun except for "The Spot" which should be taken very seriously. I push my head hard against the restraint at that exact moment. Don't ride with a hood, hat or anything that makes your head slippery on the headrest.

Is there any decent way to ride Anaconda?

There is no decent reason to ride Anaconda.

Heresy! There's at least 2 reasons to ride, and they're both corkscrews!

Your argument does not persuade.

Question for those familiar with FAA/Cedar Fair rules (don't know if someone covered this yet, sorry):

Someone shared this on Facebook - isn't this person in violation of KD/CF rules & FAA regulations about UAVs/drones?

Source: Kings Dominion Drone Policy

Disclaimer: Bragging about or encouraging violations of park rules violates Rule #15 of the TPR Terms of Service, so I'd like to make clear that no one should attempt or encourage others to attempt this without explicit park permission and proper training, that I am not responsible for or endorsing this content, and that I fully condemn any violations of park rules. I'm just asking for an expert's opinion on this & whether someone should report that this is going on to KD.

kingsdominionflyover.thumb.JPG.0d6dcefb0c6507759dffe05e8d7cf326.JPG