TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

The most important thing here for me is that this means the launched flying coaster replacing SDL rumor is officially, 100% bull*** and I can keep on flumin'

But yeah this park's ride lineup is already stacked and with an RMC it might be one of the best in the country.

Well, none of us are in the room when negotiations happen and contracts are signed, so we don't know what proposals are brought up, what companies are in the mix, and what factors are involved when it comes to new rides and what a park believes would be the most beneficial to everyone. It's very possible Six Flags just doesn't see a need for those types of rides at the moment. There may be nothing wrong with Intamin and their relationships with theme parks. It could just be about what a park needs and who best fills that need which isn't always Intamin.

Anyway, onto Hurler, I'm curious to see what happens to the ride, and if it is RMC converting it, I have no doubt it'll be an amazing and kick ass ride.

Just as it seemed like we finally put this conversion topic to bed for a while it popped back up like some sort of jacked up Frankenstein. Whatever it is they're doing, I'm definitely losing interest with the various teaser pics and vids KD's putting out on the topic. CP's done similar teasers but not to the lengths KD's gone and at least there's exciting and interesting things happening with Mean Streak. Creating a stupid video and beating a SBNO Hurler to a pulp is old news.

Just as it seemed like we finally put this conversion topic to bed for a while it popped back up like some sort of jacked up Frankenstein. Whatever it is they're doing, I'm definitely losing interest with the various teaser pics and vids KD's putting out on the topic. CP's done similar teasers but not to the lengths KD's gone and at least there's exciting and interesting things happening with Mean Streak. Creating a stupid video and beating a SBNO Hurler to a pulp is old news.

I think what's actually credible and interesting here is that the video said "2018" at the end. Before it was just an indefinite closure until further notice... this is that further notice. And I don't think there's any reasonable argument for this not being an iron horse project.

!!!!

[attachment=0]TPR 14.png[/attachment]

is this the hip thing to do nowadays

not sure if you're trying to be funny or just a smart ass so I will give you the benefit of the doubt. The forum system doesn't allow for a full on date quote w/photo attachment. Considering some assholes on the internet want proof of what was said, easiest way to do is screenshot. If one is blind, they make software and corrective products for that.

!!!!

[attachment=0]TPR 14.png[/attachment]

is this the hip thing to do nowadays

not sure if you're trying to be funny or just a smart A$$ so I will give you the benefit of the doubt. The forum system doesn't allow for a full on date quote w/photo attachment. Considering some assholes on the internet want proof of what was said, easiest way to do is screenshot. If one is blind, they make software and corrective products for that.

I just saw a picture with four dots as context.

^^I bet you're getting laid now that everyone knows that you were the one to go against the grain and say it would happen. Here's your cookie, m8.

You think predicting events at an amusement will get you laid? If this is true for you, hide the women you care about from TPR.

Edited by larrygator

^^I bet you're getting laid now that everyone knows that you were the one to go against the grain and say it would happen. Here's your cookie, m8.

You think predicting events at an amusement will get you laid? If this is true for you, hide the women you care about from TPR.

Me currently

Just saw the video. Definitely getting a revamp, rip.... for now.... 2018. Going to be interesting to see what happens.

I think they have all but said... Coaster boys please forgive us for the Planet Snoopy upgrade for 2017, but still come to the park in 2017 so yo can witness the RMC makeover. lol

Just saw the video. Definitely getting a revamp, rip.... for now.... 2018. Going to be interesting to see what happens.

I think they have all but said... Coaster boys please forgive us for the Planet Snoopy upgrade for 2017, but still come to the park in 2017 so yo can witness the RMC makeover. lol

Nah don't tell them to do that. I'll be there in 2017 and 2018 because they have I305, Flight of Fear, Volcano, Dominator, Drop Tower, Backlot Stunt Coaster and Shenandoah Lumber Company. If this news makes enthusiasts avoid the park in 2017 so I don't have to deal with them then it's officially the greatest announcement in theme park history. It won't though... every single one of the people threatening to not renew their season pass will renew it. A man can dream though...

Nah don't tell them to do that. I'll be there in 2017 and 2018 because they have I305, Flight of Fear, Volcano, Dominator, Drop Tower, Backlot Stunt Coaster and Shenandoah Lumber Company. If this news makes enthusiasts avoid the park in 2017 so I don't have to deal with them then it's officially the greatest announcement in theme park history. It won't though... every single one of the people threatening to not renew their season pass will renew it. A man can dream though...

If this news makes enthusiasts avoid the park in 2017 so I don't have to deal with them then it's officially the greatest announcement in theme park history.

I will provide a slightly different, and in my opinion, reasonable take on this...

I was strongly considering doing everything in my power to FINALLY get back to VA next year to visit BGW and KD, when I thought both InvadR and RMC Hurler were going to be coming. I haven't been to either of these great parks since 2002, and am desperate to get back (but, money, and responsibilities are a thing, sadly...) However, now that it looks like RMC Hurler won't be until 2018, I'm thinking I'll plan on that being the year I finally get back. Given the other places I've outlined to go next year already, VA was looking difficult to pull off as it was. So I do think there are times where it makes sense as you're traveling great distances to go to Amusement Parks, to plan based on new coasters or other attractions. So while I'm an "enthusiast" by definition, and the very fact that I am on this site, my rationale is a very practical, GP one for delaying my trip.

If this news makes enthusiasts avoid the park in 2017 so I don't have to deal with them then it's officially the greatest announcement in theme park history.

I will provide a slightly different, and in my opinion, reasonable take on this...

I'm totally on board with what you're saying but we're in a different boat on this. For us, Kings Dominion is 6 hours away. We can leave after work on Friday and be in the hotel by 11PM and then spend the weekend at KD and BGW and drive home late Sunday afternoon. We also have Platinum Passes to Cedar Fair. We're still going to make out annual trip but it's only a short / moderate road trip. Once you start talking about flying and taking significant time off from work then I could totally see waiting.