TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

P. 766: Haunt Has Risen from the Grave

Today on Screamscape:

2018 - New Coaster - Rumor - (8/25/16) So while many were disappointed by the announcement of a Planet Snoopy expansion in 2017, there is one upside to this news. Typically when a park spends very little on new capital in one year, they are saving up to spend quite a bit more the following year on a major new project, such as a giant roller coaster. With that in mind, what could be coming to Kings Dominion in 2018?

The rumor mill is already busy whispering the rumors, with the main concept said to be in development right now possibly being B&M's first Launched Flying Coaster. This would also be the first B&M coaster developed directly for Kings Dominion as well as Busch Gardens Williamsburg always seemed to get them first in the past, but they haven't bought a B&M since Griffon back in 2007. Oh, and don't count Dominator... it was built for Six Flags Ohio and moved to KD when that park closed.

So with BGW not having purchased a new coaster from B&M in 10 years it looks like any exclusivity contract for the local market that they might have had will come to an end in time for KD to get a B&M in 2018. Now I'm not sure how well a launch might feel on a Flying coaster, but I'm curious to see how it works out if the rumor holds true.

The idea of a launched B&M Flyer sounds like somebody's f'ed up RCT2 ride having too much fun experimenting with the 8cars trainer modifications. Either that or it sounds like the fourth page of a park discussion thread on here after someone shoveled a single scoop of dirt at "insert park name here", as they prepare to build their launched underground Aquatrax yada yada.

But it also sounds awesome. Being launched into a flying coaster pretzel loop would be everything awesome, so hopefully it comes to fruition. Maybe they'll also include an entrance re-do a la CP and Carowinds and incorporate the new coaster into it, maybe you'll walk through the pretzel loop or something to get into the park.

Someone needs to start a Kings Dominion coaster rumor every year just to watch the KD fanboys lose their collective sh*t every time it doesn't happen.

I heard next year, they are building one that is bigger and faster than Kingda Ka, longer than The Beast and has the most inversions of any coaster....

This rumor doesn't sound far-fetched at all. B&M has already done two launched coasters (one at a park you'd never think would get one mind you) so this could be legit.

Howeve I'm not entirely holding my breath. I think we will see a coaster in 2018 but that launched flyer remains to be seen.

Someone needs to start a Kings Dominion coaster rumor every year just to watch the KD fanboys lose their collective sh*t every time it doesn't happen.

I heard next year, they are building one that is bigger and faster than Kingda Ka, longer than The Beast and has the most inversions of any coaster....

So a 500ft Larson Looper that goes upside down 50 times forwards and backwards?

So a 500ft Larson Looper that goes upside down 50 times forwards and backwards?

You heard the same rumor that I did.

Hmm.. My memory may be fuzzy on this one but wasn't there a speculation about carowinds getting a giga in 2013 and it ended up getting announced in 2014? This could also be for the s*** and giggles but it could be something to think about

Screamscape has been predicting a big coaster for the park since 2015. They have been wrong now for three seasons in a row (2015,2016,2017). All they did was push it back a year, and put a new gimmick on it. Don't get too excited.

Enjoy your EA dark ride in 2018.

I don't remember them at all predicting a coaster for 15-17.

kd2015.PNG.9110c22f08a9e59d24d0011740fff3d4.PNG

kd2016.PNG.cf1a83f4edce34595326076e9c653b16.PNG

Seems like shots in the dark to me...

At one point, Screamscape was getting better with the rumors, but now it just seems to be all guessing and pipe dreams. Not that they were a "credible" source anyways, but this could be part of the reason why fanboys keep getting their hopes up. They think that Screamscape is the be-all and end-all of park information.

[attachment=0]kd2015.PNG[/attachment]

[attachment=1]kd2016.PNG[/attachment]

At one point, Screamscape was getting better with the rumors, but now it just seems to be all guessing and pipe dreams. Not that they were a "credible" source anyways, but this could be part of the reason why fanboys keep getting their hopes up. They think that Screamscape is the be-all and end-all of park information.

1. The wing coaster said "possible", not "they're getting one".

2. They didn't specify what coaster it was for 2015

3. Neither have any effect on what happens for 2018