TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Hmm.. My memory may be fuzzy on this one but wasn't there a speculation about carowinds getting a giga in 2013 and it ended up getting announced in 2014? This could also be for the s*** and giggles but it could be something to think about

Screamscape has been predicting a big coaster for the park since 2015. They have been wrong now for three seasons in a row (2015,2016,2017). All they did was push it back a year, and put a new gimmick on it. Don't get too excited.

Enjoy your EA dark ride in 2018.

I don't remember them at all predicting a coaster for 15-17.

kd2015.PNG.9110c22f08a9e59d24d0011740fff3d4.PNG

kd2016.PNG.cf1a83f4edce34595326076e9c653b16.PNG

Seems like shots in the dark to me...

At one point, Screamscape was getting better with the rumors, but now it just seems to be all guessing and pipe dreams. Not that they were a "credible" source anyways, but this could be part of the reason why fanboys keep getting their hopes up. They think that Screamscape is the be-all and end-all of park information.

[attachment=0]kd2015.PNG[/attachment]

[attachment=1]kd2016.PNG[/attachment]

At one point, Screamscape was getting better with the rumors, but now it just seems to be all guessing and pipe dreams. Not that they were a "credible" source anyways, but this could be part of the reason why fanboys keep getting their hopes up. They think that Screamscape is the be-all and end-all of park information.

1. The wing coaster said "possible", not "they're getting one".

2. They didn't specify what coaster it was for 2015

3. Neither have any effect on what happens for 2018

^All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up. So many people see this junk and think that the park is getting a 30 million dollar B&M right away. Every year they report a new coaster, it doesn't come true, and they push it back a year.

I really don't care when the park is getting a new coaster. BGW and KD is always an awesome trip and I enjoy both parks.

^All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up. So many people see this junk and think that the park is getting a 30 million dollar B&M right away. Every year they report a new coaster, it doesn't come true, and they push it back a year.

I really don't care when the park is getting a new coaster. BGW and KD is always an awesome trip and I enjoy both parks.

It all depends on what happens with Hurler. If they decide to knock it down then the rumor can be conceived as legit. If not and it reopens for 2017 then it's likely false.

I, personally have no disparaging remarks towards screamscape. Many people seem to forget what it is, a news and rumors website. You have to take it for what it is. That being said, a launched flyer really had me scratching my head. Not only does that sound like a strange experience, but how many launched coasters does one park need? They're lacking good traditional drops.

You people are in complete denial of reality. A launched flying coaster? I seriously believe that Screamscape is just having fun at your expense.

But if it does happen I sincerely hope it's a launched volare.

How is it that impossible? There's a launched wingrider.

I never said anything about it being impossible but it's incredibly improbable. KD fans are in complete denial of reality.

You people are in complete denial of reality. A launched flying coaster? I seriously believe that Screamscape is just having fun at your expense.

But if it does happen I sincerely hope it's a launched volare.

How is it that impossible? There's a launched wingrider.

I never said anything about it being impossible but it's incredibly improbable. KD fans are in complete denial of reality.

I heard Kings Dominion's staff made that post on screamscape so people would be distracted and be totally surprised when they unveil their B&M 4D floorless coaster.

It would be great if they got a nice B&M people mover. I think a wing coaster would be cool to add to the line up at KD. I hope its not a flying coaster (not a fan even though I thought Manta was great). A launched flyer .. please no thanks. Would love something like Fury 325!

I do believe they handled this announcement very poorly (i.e. the Snoopy expansion). I feel like they really led people on that it was going to be something major and well this was a huge let down. Happy for the little kids and Snoopy area but seriously KD should have gotten a new coaster for next year (a good sized one).

My guess is KD will not get anything major for a few more years. CF seems content to constantly add to CP, KI, CW, Canada's Wonderland but not KD. Yes it got Maxair this year but it lost Shockwave to do it. It got i305 some time ago which I was shocked about but not thrilled about either, not a big fan of the ride to be honest. However it did get a big coaster. KI has gotten what 3 in that same time frame? Anyway just have to wait and see what happens and just be happy with what we have for now. Hell at least VA has two pretty damn good parks within hour and half of each other. I am thankful for that!