TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

• Replies 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wait, there is actually going to be a safari-themed ride in Safari Village? Is that allowed? 🤣

My money, in all seriousness, is on Tiki Twirl.  CF already has a logo drawn up and everything.

He has a lot more history with Kings Dominion than just 2 years. You also forgot that Carnival and Winterfest also came in under him (I know they aren't rides, but I feel they are big improvements for

Posted Images

Ahhhh, the Internet and its arguments..

Just got a bit angry listening to this kid it kinda drove me into a minor rage mode lol. Don't really like arguing on the internet but situations like this drives me insane

Well, construction logistics would dictate that a new, from scratch, major steel coaster is probably not the 2017 attraction for Kings Dominion. I305 construction started with land clearing and grading in early June. I don't see that happening for next year. Plus, if a major coaster was to replace Hurler in 2017, don't you think the existing ride would have been torn down by now?

It seems more reasonable to focus on Hurler getting a makeover. Who does the work and to what extent, remains to be seen. I would fathom that most of everyone's questions will be answered this Saturday.

My best guess is a Hurler makeover for 2017 as the main draw. There could be some secondary stuff thrown in for 2017.

Finish PTC Carousel restoration (maybe band organ restored and playing). 100th anniversary of this ride [1917-2017].

West end of Candy Apple Grove gets makeover. Finish replacing asphalt with brick pavers / new landscaping.

Maybe a addition of an golden oldie flat ride or two.

Action Theater gets something like what CGA or Carowinds received this year (Mass Effect or Plants vs. Zombies)

That's approximately what I think. RMC Hurler, Mass Effect, Candy Apple

Grove upgrades, and possibly that refurbished enterprise from Valleyfair.

That's really asking for a lot.

When I listed those other things Madmax, I was not expecting all the above to be done for 2017. Maybe one or two; in addition to the Hurler makeover. It was a list of possibilities.

Darn, too bad I can't go to the passholder announcement on Saturday. Oh well. I'm surprised there's actually going to be an event of sorts. Last year, there wasn't one for Delirium, right? There really must be something up their sleeve if there's an announcement with passholders.

The last time KD did a seasonal attraction announcement in the theater was about 4 years ago. That was for the old kids area getting a Planet Snoopy makeover.

You guys should be happy if you get a Mass Effect quality ride. It is a Disney level dark ride, and is fun for everyone

Doubt it's for this year but eventually I would love one. Maybe with an entirely new theme.

You guys should be happy if you get a Mass Effect quality ride. It is a Disney level dark ride, and is fun for everyone

Doubt it's for this year but eventually I would love one. Maybe with an entirely new theme.

They could have it madden themed since it's by EA

They could have it madden themed since it's by EA

With the vast amount of football fanatics in the Mid-Atlantic area, hell yeah!

They're not doing an announcement in front of hundreds of people in a theater to announce Mass Effect. In my opinion, all eyes should be on Hurler.

I agree. This kind of announcement (the way that their doing) warrants something big.