TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

P. 767: WinterFest Media Night Report

Ugh all this talk about RMCing hurler. I know this isn't going to happen, but all I really want KD to do is tear down hurler and add in a B&M hyper that will go over to Big Wave Bay and back. Along with planting a row or two of trees next to grizzly. The hurler/ricochet area is one of the worst sections of the park! It's so BAD!!! They could restore that area and (as Coaster Studios once said) also add in another entrance to soak city. Fixing 2 of the 3 major dead ends in the park. This is just a unrealistic dream of mine, but don't you guys think it would be a really good fit for the park? It wouldn't even interfere with Old Virginia! (Oh and also add another entrance to the grizzly/Dinos alive area that goes around Windseeker and the Skyflier. Please...)

(as Coaster Studios once said)

^ Sorry I read this and everything else you said just got drowned out after.

Why does everyone dislike his channel so much?

I think for most people its probably mostly because he states things as facts when he obviously is just taking guesses and speculating.

For me personally its that, but mostly because his voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

I love his channel

I love his channel

Because hes a kid that half the time makes no sense. He looks at maps and grades them on park layout. He looks at a parks stats and grades them without ever visiting them.

I love his channel

Because hes a kid that half the time makes no sense. He looks at maps and grades them on park layout. He looks at a parks stats and grades them without ever visiting them.

He doesn't do that anymore.

they should tear down Hurler and build some Windseeker themed toilets there.

they could market it as a new attraction: "Poopin by Air"

(and it would STILL be a better attraction than the version in BGW down the street)

Just to add fuel to the fire, I like coaster studios. I don't get why some people are such pricks about his videos. No one snaps on half the people on this site (who are far worse) like they do on him. He's just making videos of his opinions. Jesus people, show a little kindness and respect. You know you wouldn't say most of this stuff to his face. I'm not trying to moderate or be in charge or whatever, but just think of what you would and wouldn't say to his face. Anyway, back to that 1847203 foot inverted aquatrax RMC B&M with a 13859 mph launch that will be coming next year...

No one snaps on half the people on this site (who are far worse) like they do on him.

I do. It's my job.

And regarding Coaster Studios I have no issue with him at all. I just don't consider him a useful source for information because obviously he's not exactly an insider. His videos aren't really my cup of tea but he seems like a cool kid.

For the most part, I didn't have a problem with Coaster Studios. He posted on the boards for awhile but has since disappeared.

I think what really irked me was when he reported his so called "opinions" as facts for awhile. Like after the incident with Raptor at Cedar Point, he guaranteed that Valravn was going to be renamed and that he had several sources he'd consider reliable that told him. When people questioned him on it saying that no one else was reporting that the named would be changed, he just responded with "They don't have the sources I have". Folks like that just irk me sometimes. And that turned out to be 100% false (some reliable sources). A lot of folks (on TPR and not on TPR) would laugh when someone would cite his videos as official sources (not 100% his fault because there a lot of morons on the internet that will believe anything they see. But for awhile it seemed as if he was reporting things as fact)

I will say, however, that I have watched some of his videos since and he does seem to have kind of stepped away from doing things like that. He states in his speculation videos that they are his opinions and just speculation (unless he has hard proof that everyone already knows at that point). So he has changed the way he operates. Most of his review videos now also come from parks he has actually visited and he will grade rides he has ridden. Overall, he has done a lot of maturing.

Personally, I have nothing against him. He's a kid who is passionate about coasters and amusement parks. More power to him! I'll still watch his videos occasionally because he really has changed and matured a bit.

Edited by Coasterguy21

No one snaps on half the people on this site (who are far worse) like they do on him.

I do. It's my job.

And regarding Coaster Studios I have no issue with him at all. I just don't consider him a useful source for information because obviously he's not exactly an insider. His videos aren't really my cup of tea but he seems like a cool kid.

This. Geez i make one joke and step away from the computer to go to the Subway Series and all hell breaks loose. I don''t have anything against him, probably a really nice kid tbh. His videos just stink and they should be taken with a grain of salt.

I think it would be a GCI re-track if anything. It proved successful at Kentucky Kingdom with Thunder Run, even if Kings Dominion "deserves" better than every park in Cedar Fair that's better than it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I have watched CS's videos from time to time, for kicks and giggles, and I think my kids have watched him some too. My biggest issue, honestly, is his voice, and delivery. It's just not very good for speaking or presentation, which is what he's doing amounts to. He's not a professional though, so it's not a big deal. I respect anybody, to a certain extent, who takes valuable time, and uses whatever skills they have to create something. Even if it's not excellent or professional. The act of creation is impressive in its own right. Many people with potentially greater skills sit around and judge and criticize others' work, all the while contributing nothing of value themselves. So at the very least, he gets props from me for putting himself out there, and taking the time and effort to do so!

I think it would be a GCI re-track if anything. It proved successful at Kentucky Kingdom with Thunder Run, even if Kings Dominion "deserves" better than every park in Cedar Fair that's better than it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

RMC retracked Thunder Run...