TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

• Replies 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apparently the park sent out an email saying that Kings Dominion will open on March 22nd! Oh, did I say March? I meant May. Alpengeist, InvadR and Verbolten are open tomorrow. This comp

Too bad Volcano isn't still around. It was ahead of its time not only technologically, but it already had limited capacity down to a science.

Yesterday, after my brief stop at SFA, I fought through the perpetual Northern Virginia I-95 traffic to check out Kings Dominion's Taste of the Season event - a COVID-blamed Winterfest-lite.  And beli

Posted Images

I have a friend that works at the park. He told me today that it was confirmed of a 2017 roller coaster but no details have come out yet (obviously)

I think a new coaster for 2017 would make sense, but I'm skeptical if your friend actually knows if there's a new coaster or not

I have a friend that works at the park. He told me today that it was confirmed of a 2017 roller coaster but no details have come out yet (obviously)

LOL at "confirmed." This kind of stuff happens every year, and every year we're disappointed. Literally nothing points to a coaster for KD in 2017, so let's all lower our expectations before they are forcefully lowered by the lack of a new coaster next year.

Excuse me if i'm sceptical about where your friends are from, from the USJ thread:

^If your friend sent you the photos, why does the "Image Info" show that it came from Screamscape?

Please, do not misrepresent where photos that you post came from and give proper credit in the future.

My friend is a member of Screamscape...

That's funny, because I am the one who took the pics and I don't know you.

Here is the rest of the gallery from the trip.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOwRKU6amGMy8wEDuNY3_GFLZSf26wF-5sIM1DkaM05ThvnEHxw3s_1t0O0c5irMA?key=NlhnTUl4bE4xUi1JaktHN0l0QS1ITG4zOGVONW1n

I think it makes sense but I doubt there's full proof.

Might be going to thE park for the first time this Saturday or Sunday. How will the lines be on a weekend in April? What day is best out of the 2? Flashpass be needed? If so, what type?

You shouldn't bother. You should go to Great Adventure instead.

Might be going to thE park for the first time this Saturday or Sunday. How will the lines be on a weekend in April? What day is best out of the 2? Flashpass be needed? If so, what type?

Allow me to provide a helpful answer. On Saturday, you might need Fast Lane; on Sunday, you most likely won't. I would go on Sunday.

The park will *probably* be less crowded on Sunday. Saturday I'd wait to see if you need a Fast Lane pass or not, it really depends on how long you can tolerate being in line.

I think Kings Dominion is officially the new Six Flags America.

Please not this again...

I hope you're trolling. But I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't.

Look, I know it's disheartening to realize that your home park isn't a giant mega-park like Cedar Point or Kings Island, but it is something you have to accept. I'd be feeling blessed that you even got a giga coaster. KD has lowered in status since then though. I'd say KD is now on the same level as WoF, DP, and VF in terms of expansions.

Geesh! How about this, name a year the park went with a new attraction/major upgrade before you can say how neglected the park is. I'm waiting. . . .

Kings Dominion has trees, bathrooms and paint. They win by default. Also Kings Dominion is underrated in terms of aesthetics in general. It's a beautiful park. Six Flags America is ugly as sin. The rides are obviously much better at KD too. Both coaster-wise and otherwise.

I haven't been to Kings Dominion yet, but this post doesn't make any sense. Can anyone explain what Kings Dominion has to do with Six Flags America?

That's because it doesn't make much sense. The poster is saying that KD is to Cedar Fair what SFA is to Six Flags--that is, a neglected park because it hasn't received a major new ride (meaning "coaster") for some time.

At least that's how I interpret it.

Edited by cfc

A park that just got a giant frisbee, which is one of the greatest flat rides of all time, and has put a lot of work in the past few seasons to add charm and nice landscaping doesn't sound like a "neglected" park. There is more to a good park than just coasters, flat rides and atmosphere are almost as important in my opinion.