TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

P. 767: WinterFest Media Night Report

I wonder what the first complaint will be when the next coaster is announced.

It's forceless; or, to be more precise, "Not as good as I-305."

"1. After months of rumors and speculation, the ride is announced. The ride is immediately hit with negative views because it didn't live up to the hype coasterboy2194210 had set when he heard from his friend's uncle that it was going to be a 900 foot prototype."

Depends on the manufacturer. If it's a B&M, well, uninspired and boring come to mind. If it's Premier it'll be about the shin guards. If it's a woodie it'll be complaints that it's not RMC. The list goes on.

I hope KD's next coaster is an vekoma inverted jr coaster!

layout_sfc_gronalund.jpg

Something the FAMILY can enjoy . . .

Rather have a B&M. Heck, Shockwave is the only thing worse than a Vekoma.

Does every other post on this forum require some ridiculous insult of a ride or manufacturer?

Perhaps you'd like to be judged only on what you did back in the 90s. Besides, the coaster pictured is a recently designed family suspended coaster. Have you ridden a Vekoma family coaster? Or a recently designed suspended coaster by anyone? With lap bars and no floor? B&M doesn't make them. Their site shows some intriguing pictures of them going through overbanked curves.

I think the park could use a better family coaster, not that I'm rooting for that. Of those possibilities, the Vekoma suspended does look like an enjoyable ride. I think something based on running through an artificial landscape, or truly through the woods, would be the real trick for making a fun family coaster, though, regardless of track type.

I recently looked at Google Maps and see the factory south of the park is a paper company on the left and "Doswell Limited Partnership" on the right, including what looks like 2 sewer treatment pools. You can smell them strongly sometimes and slightly quite often, even as it is. I don't think the park will extend much in that direction. Plus, there's the issue of even more walking, with clearly no plans for transport around the park.

Unless KD is planning on building another fast & constantly low-to-the ground coaster, with quick-directional changes, prepare for masses of complaints. Basically, anything that isn't an Intamin giga...err Intimidator 305 will be sh*tted on by KD fanboys.

"B&M Giga coaster 1 doesn't have enough quick directional changes for me."

"B&M Wing Coaster 1 isn't Intimidator 305 enough for me!"

"Intamin rocket coaster 1 has 300 moments of floater, but only 1 moment of ejector. Such a waste!"

Unless KD is planning on building another fast & constantly low-to-the ground coaster, with quick-directional changes, prepare for masses of complaints. Basically, anything that isn't an Intamin giga...err Intimidator 305 will be sh*tted on by KD fanboys.

"B&M Giga coaster 1 doesn't have enough quick directional changes for me."

"B&M Wing Coaster 1 isn't Intimidator 305 enough for me!"

"Intamin rocket coaster 1 has 300 moments of floater, but only 1 moment of ejector. Such a waste!"

We need a nice floaty B&M to balance out the intensity of I305.

About the complaining of KD's 2016 addition is still (probably) going. There's one person that keeps constantly complaining. (Probably you should what I'm talking about)

What the crap language is this?

Now that I think of it a B&M Hyper is actually pretty family friendly. Yes, it's huge, but it's not very intense. Imagine something like Diamondback in the woods. Hopefully the height restriction would be down to 52 inches.

I know how much we all want a coaster at KD man but complaining isn't gonna get them to listen to us. Just be patient. We already have one of the best ride in the world and that tells you we're not as neglected as you think. 2017 or 2018 is the year, just enjoy the awesome rides for now.

Now that I think of it a B&M Hyper is actually pretty family friendly. Yes, it's huge, but it's not very intense. Imagine something like Diamondback in the woods. Hopefully the height restriction would be down to 52 inches.

I know how much we all want a coaster at KD man but complaining isn't gonna get them to listen to us. Just be patient. We already have one of the best ride in the world and that tells you we're not as neglected as you think. 2017 or 2018 is the year, just enjoy the awesome rides for now.

How am I complaining? I'm just giving out a possibility.

So is this just a regular top spin? Isn't PKI's one of the "giant" models?

Not sure about the PKD, but PKI's is a giant model. Three long rows. Isn't Dominion's supposed to be a floorless?

Yes, Kings Dominion's is a floorless model.

We need =/= I want

True, Kings Dominion doesn't need anything new next year! They already have enough coasters that people will go there anyway!

Exactly. There was no new big attraction this year, and yet they still got my money because I knew it was still a great park to visit.

Funny how that works.