TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

P. 767: WinterFest Media Night Report

If we want to get technical about it, Luna Park at Coney Island has six upcharge attractions that aren't included in the price of an unlimited ride wristband;

B&B Carousell - $3

Coney Island Cyclone coaster - $9

Thunderbolt coaster - $10

Coney Island Raceway go-karts - $10/driver, $5/passenger

Zenobio - $12

Slingshot - $22

...that's New York for ya.

Yeah, but that's not really a fair comparison because parks like Coney Island offer a variety of different ticketing schemes. I think the discussion was based on parks that have a single POP admission plan and then upcharge attractions.

Oh, absolutely, and I don't disagree that it's not a 100% fair comparison to other parks that have a single POP for entry. Just getting annoyingly technical for the sake of playing devil's advocate. It kills me that there aren't any POP wristbands that actually include the coasters... or last for more than four hours of a given day. But like I said, that's New York for ya.

And if it is anything like the Knott's version there might be an extra fee.

Or if it IS the Knotts Version...

From the Knotts press release...

Screamin’ Swing will permanently close on September 8 in preparation for Ghost Town’s 75th anniversary celebration in 2016.

Of course I immediately thought of Dorney but they already have one.

And if it is anything like the Knott's version there might be an extra fee.

Or if it IS the Knotts Version...

From the Knotts press release...

Screamin’ Swing will permanently close on September 8 in preparation for Ghost Town’s 75th anniversary celebration in 2016.

Of course I immediately thought of Dorney but they already have one.

If knotts is indeed removing there ss, then I could see it landing at KD. They already whine about getting the relocated (but yet amazing) Dominator, so now they could whine about getting a relocated (but yet still very fun) Screaming Swing

^Any info on what time the announcement is?

My prediction is a slingshot, but we'll see.

I doubt it will be a slingshot, they might get one but the announcement most likely won't be for that. I don't think CP for Gemini midway or Carowinds for Fury really announced their SlingShot additions.

Crossing my fingers that its not a slingshot. Just give us the a Giant Disk/Frisbee what not, and let us anticipate 2017.

*edit. Crosses fingers that it isn't KBF's Screamin' Swing.

I doubt Kings Dominion's announcement is going to be for a second-hand SS.

If knotts is indeed removing there ss, then I could see it landing at KD. They already whine about getting the relocated (but yet amazing) Dominator, so now they could whine about getting a relocated (but yet still very fun) Screaming Swing

Wait a second... Do people at KD really whine about getting Dominator?!?! Because if so, that's crazy! I mean, whining about Thunderhawk at MiA is one thing, because at best, it's an "okay" coaster. But Dominator is an awesome coaster! I'd have a season pass for MiA if they'd have received that instead of Thunderhawk!

Wait a second... Do people at KD really whine about getting Dominator?!?! Because if so, that's crazy! I mean, whining about Thunderhawk at MiA is one thing, because at best, it's an "okay" coaster. But Dominator is an awesome coaster! I'd have a season pass for MiA if they'd have received that instead of Thunderhawk!

I don't think any KD folks have been complaining about getting Dominator. At least, I never have and welcomed it with open arms.

Edit--Just noticed that we're on page 1305 of this thread and of course that reminded me of a certain sumpthin sumpthin that resides in Doswell.

I don't see why people for cedar point are whining bout a push date. Cedar point gets rollercoaster out the tail. They just got gatekeeper and now they getting a dive coaster. It's been five years since we got anything and the ride we have lines are rarely long. Volcano line still.is long and they even change the line around

I don't see why people for cedar point are whining bout a push date. Cedar point gets rollercoaster out the tail. They just got gatekeeper and now they getting a dive coaster. It's been five years since we got anything and the ride we have lines are rarely long. Volcano line still.is long and they even change the line around

I don't think any KD folks have been complaining about getting Dominator. At least, I never have and welcomed it with open arms.

Edit--Just noticed that we're on page 1305 of this thread and of course that reminded me of a certain sumpthin sumpthin that resides in Doswell.

Oh yeah, I just noticed that! [Page] 1305 for the win

I'm surprised so many people don't want a Screaming Swing. In spite of the usual upcharge, these rides are my favorite flat. I'm lucky that Morey's has one that ISN'T an upcharge, but I wish Great Adv had one...

I'm surprised so many people don't want a Screaming Swing. In spite of the usual upcharge, these rides are my favorite flat. I'm lucky that Morey's has one that ISN'T an upcharge, but I wish Great Adv had one...

I like the Screaming Swing rides, too. Wouldn't mind if KD got one of those.