TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Cedar Fair seems to like to add one big B&M every year. Behemoth, Diamondback, Intimidator, Leviathan, GateKeeper, Banshee, and Fury 325. I bet that Valleyfair will get the next B&M in 2016, so I probably wouldn't expect a new coaster for KD until 2017. That is, assuming they go with B&M. Wait, of course they will!

My guess would be a Wing coaster of Floorless. Doubt they would add a Hyper, since it would get overshadowed by I305.

I really don't think valleyfair will get one next year. Kd is long overdue for a roller coaster. I think it's their turn.

The thing with leviathan is that it's SO much different than behemoth. But I think that kd needs to fill that hyper coaster space that they don't have (intimidator, behemoth, shambala)
Maybe tallest coaster with inversions. That would be a crowd pleaser.

I'm not sure if a coaster would be coming to Kings Dominion in 2016, because what about Canadas Wonderland and maybe Cedar point. Cedar Fair really should add more than one coaster per year.
The problem is how expensive Fury 325 is, plus the new entrance, and water park expansions in 3 or 4 of their parks do become a bit pricey once put together. I just wish we saw something coming in for their other parks.

I'm not sure if a coaster would be coming to Kings Dominion in 2016, because what about Canadas Wonderland and maybe Cedar point. Cedar Fair really should add more than one coaster per year.

I think Cedar Fair should add whatever they think a particular park and its guests need.

I just want to say that whatever they decide to put, I hope the package includes the repaving the parking lot. Good Grief, I've seen smaller parks with better parking spaces compares to Kings Dominion's lot.

As for seeing a possible design for a mega-sized coaster, how about this concept? Put the station in the area next to Boo Blasters and Avalanche and design the coaster like Magnum 200 that will go behind the amphitheater and run out to the unused, unpaved part of the parking lot. I'm sure they can make it a winged coaster and since the station would be located in Safari Village it'll be given a "birdy" name.

That's my take for 2016. What do all you riders and amusement park flyers think?

kINGS dOMINION - BETCHA YOU CAN'T DO IT ALL!!!

The problem is how expensive Fury 325 is, plus the new entrance, and water park expansions in 3 or 4 of their parks do become a bit pricey once put together. I just wish we saw something coming in for their other parks.

They did spend $145 million this year. It's under investor relations on the cedar fair website.

They did spend $145 million this year. It's under investor relations on the cedar fair website.

2014 was 145 million! Oh gosh! wow, makes me wonder how much it'll be for 2015. It'd help of course if we knew what the other cedar fair parks were adding next year...

I just want to say that whatever they decide to put, I hope the package includes the repaving the parking lot. Good Grief, I've seen smaller parks with better parking spaces compares to Kings Dominion's lot.

As for seeing a possible design for a mega-sized coaster, how about this concept? Put the station in the area next to Boo Blasters and Avalanche and design the coaster like Magnum 200 that will go behind the amphitheater and run out to the unused, unpaved part of the parking lot. I'm sure they can make it a winged coaster and since the station would be located in Safari Village it'll be given a "birdy" name.

That's my take for 2016. What do all you riders and amusement park flyers think?

kINGS dOMINION - BETCHA YOU CAN'T DO IT ALL!!!

I've always wondered what they were going to do with that area. I think that would be really cool because you come in that way and so it would be cool to have a coaster running right alongside where you're driving. I actually think something like thunderbolt at Luna park would be good for that.

A wing rider would be awesome, but that means ill have to wait until 2016 to make a trip down to Virginia, maybe the 2016 coaster could go over the main entrance, cedar fair seems to like making coasters that pass over the main entrance like gate keeper, leviathan, and fury 325.

Kings Dominion is overdue for a new coaster, while Canada's Wonderland and Cedar Point are not. The last coaster Kings Dominion recieved was Intiminator 305 in 2010, which is five years straight without a new coaster. Canada's Wonderland recieved Leviathan in 2012, which is only three years without a MAJOR new coaster, and Cedar Point recieved Gatekeeper in 2013, which is only two years without a MAJOR new coaster. The 2015 attraction at Cedar Point probaly won't be a MAJOR new coaster, but rather the rumored transformation of Mantis into a floorless coaster. Also, every other former Parmount Park will have by next year recieved a MAJOR new coaster since Kings Dominion recieved Intiminator 305 in 2010. Canada's Wonderland recieved Leviathan in 2012, Kings Island recieved Banshee in 2014, Carowinds will recieve Fury 325 next year for 2015, and Californa's Great America recieved Goldstriker in 2013. So I think 2016 will be Kings Dominion's year to shine.

Kings Dominion is overdue for a new coaster, while Canada's Wonderland and Cedar Point are not. The last coaster Kings Dominion recieved was Intiminator 305 in 2010, which is five years straight without a new coaster. Canada's Wonderland recieved Leviathan in 2012, which is only three years without a MAJOR new coaster, and Cedar Point recieved Gatekeeper in 2013, which is only two years without a MAJOR new coaster. The 2015 attraction at Cedar Point probaly won't be a MAJOR new coaster, but rather the rumored transformation of Mantis into a floorless coaster. Also, every other former Parmount Park will have by next year recieved a MAJOR new coaster since Kings Dominion recieved Intiminator 305 in 2010. Canada's Wonderland recieved Leviathan in 2012, Kings Island recieved Banshee in 2014, Carowinds will recieve Fury 325 next year for 2015, and Californa's Great America recieved Goldstriker in 2013. So I think 2016 will be Kings Dominion's year to shine.

5 years is not a long time after a coaster, ESPECIALLY a giga. Their are other parks in the chain that have gone longer without one. Michigan's Adventure, Worlds of Fun, Dorney, and Valleyfair. It's already been made clear that Valleyfair will most likely receive one in 2016, and the parks I listed are in much more of a dire need for a new major coaster, not King's Dominion.

I'm sure Kings Dominion will get something eventually, but wasn't the whole situation with Carowinds being expanded out partially related to Kings Dominion? My recollection was that Cedar Fair couldn't get the tax breaks it wanted in VA to do the job there, but found willing partners in the Carolinas to cut them the deal that they wanted.