TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

P. 766: Haunt Has Risen from the Grave

Hey riders and amusement park flyers . . .

I have seen on more than one occasion when the line for Anaconda was filled up. I read years ago when Cedar Point was considering removing all their arrow looping coasters, but that was a few years ago and it has yet to happen. If Kings Dominion decides to remove Shockwave, it would only leave small footprint for the next coaster to take it's place ( unless they managed to make this next coaster go all over the place).

As for next year's coming attractions, I'm all for the expansion of Water Works and all for changing its name to Soak City, but I wish it could offer another type of slide complex, such as a mat racer. Well, at least the kiddies would be happy with Splash Island.

KINGS DOMINION - BETCHA YOU CAN'T DO IT ALL!!!

Hey riders and amusement park flyers . . .

I have seen on more than one occasion when the line for Anaconda was filled up. I read years ago when Cedar Point was considering removing all their arrow looping coasters, but that was a few years ago and it has yet to happen. If Kings Dominion decides to remove Shockwave, it would only leave small footprint for the next coaster to take it's place ( unless they managed to make this next coaster go all over the place).

As for next year's coming attractions, I'm all for the expansion of Water Works and all for changing its name to Soak City, but I wish it could offer another type of slide complex, such as a mat racer. Well, at least the kiddies would be happy with Splash Island.

KINGS DOMINION - BETCHA YOU CAN'T DO IT ALL!!!

I have a feeling the next new coaster at Kings Dominion will be a MAJOR coaster and I don't think Shockwave's location would be enough space for it. But I still wouldn't mind them removing Shockwave, it would be a better use of that space with nothing at all than Shockwave in my opinion.

But I still wouldn't mind them removing Shockwave, it would be a better use of that space with nothing at all than Shockwave in my opinion.

Couldn't agree more. I still wonder where they would install a new major coaster. There's a decent spot next to i305 but I don't think the park would want to cram another major ride in the back corner of the park. I think another part of the park needs a new coaster like Old Virginia, if they can make room for it.

I could see them following in Cedar Point's/Carowinds footsteps and building a new coaster that refreshes the front of the park with a new entrance. The image here is just a thought and is more of a hyper layout. I could see the removal (or re-purposing) of the Action FX theater as a station location for the new coaster. To the best of my recollection, they have only been using half of the theater and, even at that, it rarely has a line. The park has a HUGE plaza in the front of the park which could be utilized and a nice stretch of turf that extends out into the parking lot. I think a track that encircles this entrance plaza and extends out into the parking lot could have a huge impact when coming into the park. The layout could be adjusted for a wing-rider type B&M by replacing some of the turns with cobra rolls and in-lines and such. Just an idea...

Untitled.thumb.jpg.e4d6ed0d587f4a2327f7e935858f02b1.jpg

I really want to say it's going to either be a b&m hyper like between grizzly and hurler, that area, or OH they could remove the go karts and dinosaurs alive and put it there, with it making a left turn L-shape thing going past grizzly and hurler going over the waterpark and back. That would be awesome. I would also love a wing coaster over the entrance no doubt. A coverage roll on a wing coaster would be epic.

Why would you want a B&M hyper when the park already has an Intamin giga? It makes no sense.

ignoring the height, they're both completely different ride experiences, and they'd both be amazing rides. They'd compliment eachother. It makes a lot of sense. Will it happen though? Probably not, but I wish it would!

a flyer at KD would be a dream come true. I would love that almost more than a hyper, cuz we got a hyper at BGW. And there isn't a B&M flyer till you get to SFOG or SFGAdv. So a flyer would be epic, a hyper would be epic, and I would be fine with a wing, as long as it has a wing over drop and a near miss.

a flyer at KD would be a dream come true. I would love that almost more than a hyper, cuz we got a hyper at BGW. And there isn't a B&M flyer till you get to SFOG or SFGAdv. So a flyer would be epic, a hyper would be epic, and I would be fine with a wing, as long as it has a wing over drop and a near miss.

If you mean a B&M Flyer, yes, they are far away. Batwing is a couple hours up the road.