TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

That's right, way back in 1994, when the park was known as "Paramount's Kings Dominion", the powers-to-be had some very deep pockets in order to expand the park and add another area called "Wayne's World". This was to be the "most awesomely" area of the park full of rock 'n' roll, the return of a flying scooter ride dubbed "The Scream Weaver" ( In which I thought was a play on words from the Gary Wright's song "Dream Weaver"), grab an ice-cold Coke-a-cola from Stans, and to ride the ultimate coaster to end all coasters, The Hurler. Party on, Wayne!!!

Well, that ended after the 2000 season when both Wayne's World and Candy Apple Grove combined and simply became "The Grove". Now that area is more themed to the Golden Oldies. Now that Candy Apple Grove is back, who knows what will become of that area: will it stay the same and undergo a brand new theme?

kiNGS dOMINION - BETCHA YOU CAN'T DO IT ALL!!!

If they're working on Hurler, could they be experimenting with removing the brakes for its final season? Wouldn't need to preserve it anymore.

Back when it opened, I was disappointed too, but I think it was more that it didn't seem like what they needed to be doing at the time. Also too long lines for what it was. I got into it more after it was "worse". Actually really first discovered the ride during my one Carowinds visit -- for a short time it was the best coaster in the park.

Per Kings Dominion, The Singing Mushrooms, etc. that is adding into the 40th are staying for good.

They just added these photos to their page this evening(not the actual grid), the everything is coming along very nicely. I especially like how the Floral Clock seems to sit a tad bit higher than the original.

1280485_383920068415417_1468228180_n.thumb.jpg.d53b64288916fdca979ca5987dab49f2.jpg

I will be there opening day! First time to KD so really excited. Thinking of making Volcano the first coaster and then making my way through all the others throughout the day.

If it's your first visit, I would recommend making Volcano your first ride of the day, as it's line is always the longest. Opening weekend through mid May is usually pretty slow, rides should be a walk on throughout the day. Most coasters will probably be on one train operation with the exception of Volcano and Dominator. Have fun!