TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

• Replies 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apparently the park sent out an email saying that Kings Dominion will open on March 22nd! Oh, did I say March? I meant May. Alpengeist, InvadR and Verbolten are open tomorrow. This comp

Too bad Volcano isn't still around. It was ahead of its time not only technologically, but it already had limited capacity down to a science.

Yesterday, after my brief stop at SFA, I fought through the perpetual Northern Virginia I-95 traffic to check out Kings Dominion's Taste of the Season event - a COVID-blamed Winterfest-lite.  And beli

Posted Images

From Kings Dominion's facebook page:

Happy Friday! We'll help you end the week on a positive note: We are expecting NEW pictures of the Candy Apple Construction in a few days.

Stay tuned.... and make sure to tell your friends to LIKE us to be the FIRST to see these pictures next week!

I wonder when they are going to make any more announcements about what else is gonna happen as part of their 40th. They keep on saying they have more, so I wonder when they'll announce them. Surely they have more to announce, and it wouldn't surprise me if one of them is an announcement of tem bringing back an old ride. C'mon hurry up and announce it already!

No offense to Mr. Speigel, but when I first saw him in the video still, I had to a do a double take. My first thought was "Hey, what is Rob Ford doing at Kings Dominion & did he get arrested for punching Snoopy in the face or something?"

No offense to Mr. Speigel, but when I first saw him in the video still, I had to a do a double take. My first thought was "Hey, what is Rob Ford doing at Kings Dominion & did he get arrested for punching Snoopy in the face or something?"
Maybe Mayor Ford got Canada's Wonderland mixed up with Kings Dominion because he was drunk. square.jpg.2c4f0d4692671a58a7d38c503885baef.jpg

Because of how closely Cedar Fair follows manufacturer's recommendations, we will probably never see any of their racing coasters ever turned around backwards again. PTC even stated themselves that theirs trains are designed to run forward and not recommended to be turned around backwards. Of course since they're just recommendations, not actual requirements, companies can still turn them around backwards, i.e. Six Flags, and can run them fine, or they think they can. That would be why Colossus' Morgan trains can't be turned around and why they have to use those extremely heavy B&M trains when they run it backwards.

Because of how closely Cedar Fair follows manufacturer's recommendations, we will probably never see any of their racing coasters ever turned around backwards again. PTC even stated themselves that theirs trains are designed to run forward and not recommended to be turned around backwards. Of course since they're just recommendations, not actual requirements, companies can still turn them around backwards, i.e. Six Flags, and can run them fine, or they think they can. That would be why Colossus' Morgan trains can't be turned around and why they have to use those extremely heavy B&M trains when they run it backwards.

With the way the legal system is now, no park in their right mind would go against manufacturer recommendation. States with laws that regulate ride safety wouldn't even allow them to open if they were not following the manufacturers recommendations.

Maybe one day we'll see a little RMC love - I'm thinking a nice 50th birthday present would be topper track and a couple new trains.

Yeah, but heres what I'm wondering. So if Cedar Fair is having RMC retracking a lot of their coasters and they see how popular they're becoming, I wonder why Cedar Fair hasn't requested that an inverting woodie be sent to one of their parks. I think that an RMC would be a better 50th Birthday present than a rebel yell retracking. KD did state that the celebration would start in 2014.

Wow! Looking sharp! I actually hate the anaconda and would've rather them just tear it down so they could use the space for a nice B&M, but since we're stuck with it, at least its looking better. But I still would've preffered a different new color scheme, other than the old one. I'm not a fan of two red coasters right next to each other.