TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Because of how closely Cedar Fair follows manufacturer's recommendations, we will probably never see any of their racing coasters ever turned around backwards again. PTC even stated themselves that theirs trains are designed to run forward and not recommended to be turned around backwards. Of course since they're just recommendations, not actual requirements, companies can still turn them around backwards, i.e. Six Flags, and can run them fine, or they think they can. That would be why Colossus' Morgan trains can't be turned around and why they have to use those extremely heavy B&M trains when they run it backwards.

Because of how closely Cedar Fair follows manufacturer's recommendations, we will probably never see any of their racing coasters ever turned around backwards again. PTC even stated themselves that theirs trains are designed to run forward and not recommended to be turned around backwards. Of course since they're just recommendations, not actual requirements, companies can still turn them around backwards, i.e. Six Flags, and can run them fine, or they think they can. That would be why Colossus' Morgan trains can't be turned around and why they have to use those extremely heavy B&M trains when they run it backwards.

With the way the legal system is now, no park in their right mind would go against manufacturer recommendation. States with laws that regulate ride safety wouldn't even allow them to open if they were not following the manufacturers recommendations.

Maybe one day we'll see a little RMC love - I'm thinking a nice 50th birthday present would be topper track and a couple new trains.

Yeah, but heres what I'm wondering. So if Cedar Fair is having RMC retracking a lot of their coasters and they see how popular they're becoming, I wonder why Cedar Fair hasn't requested that an inverting woodie be sent to one of their parks. I think that an RMC would be a better 50th Birthday present than a rebel yell retracking. KD did state that the celebration would start in 2014.

Wow! Looking sharp! I actually hate the anaconda and would've rather them just tear it down so they could use the space for a nice B&M, but since we're stuck with it, at least its looking better. But I still would've preffered a different new color scheme, other than the old one. I'm not a fan of two red coasters right next to each other.

Looks like KD almost finish re-painting the Anaconda coaster

883018_10151873175646875_2021565191_o.jpg

Leftover paint from I-305?

Not a huge fan myself as Anaconda's are not orange and red, but then again, probably not too many of the GP would know what color an anaconda is anyway.

Maybe they are going to rename it Copperhead or Coral Snake?

Here's a picture of the station for Volcano. Notice anything different?

Yes, a whole lot actually. This is my home park, so looks like they are making a lot of changes to the station! Loading gate is on the opposite side, so I wonder if now you will exit through the original entrance. I'm interested in seeing how much the capacity is changed. Hopefully it will be like they say, and it will be better!