TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Well then why isn't Kings Island's corkscrew yellow? Same ride. Same theme. Same type of building. Same maintenance areas. It's not yellow.

Because, for some reason they wanted to paint the coaster blue and orange. It wouldn't make any sense for every Arrow looper in the world to be the same color, now would it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wait, there is actually going to be a safari-themed ride in Safari Village? Is that allowed? 🤣

My money, in all seriousness, is on Tiki Twirl.  CF already has a logo drawn up and everything.

He has a lot more history with Kings Dominion than just 2 years. You also forgot that Carnival and Winterfest also came in under him (I know they aren't rides, but I feel they are big improvements for

Posted Images

I'm sure they'll replace some of the straps in the off season. The worn chairs are just a casualty of war, they all fade over time. Check out pics of Millennium Force and S:ROS for similar examples. I think the trains get kind of dirty too swooping around by that lake with all the summertime bugs, but what can you do...

Planet Snoopy update on Kings Dominion's face book page (12 pictures). All of the pictures are of the removal and demolition of the outgoing attractions. http://www.facebook.com/kingsdominionva

Warning: The pictures can be a little depressing for old farts like me. Some of these attractions have been at the park since it opened in 1975. I had to take a couple seconds to recognize the area where the tree swings were and demolition of Yogi's/Treasure cave (in progress) in a couple of the pictures!

But, nothing lasts forever and change is good. I am excited, (and a little jealous), for the little ones and what they will be experiencing this coming spring.

This is the time of the year for Kings Dominion to hand out oversized checks. Kudos to the park for their generosity to good causes!

JDRF_Check_Presentation.thumb.jpg.54c97d06c444f2f3472503027a847c00.jpg

Kings Dominion Vice President and General Manager Pat Jones ® presents the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) Capitol Chapter Executive Director Piper Dankworth © with an $18,982 donation to help save lives and find a cure for type 1 diabetes, Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2012. Thanks to the support from Kings Dominion guests and JDRF sponsors, $2.00 from all tickets sold under the JDRF program was donated to the foundation. Also pictured is Kings Dominion Director of Finance Owen Matthews (l).

Edited by cfc

Kings Dominion officially announced that 8 new rides are coming to Planet Snoopy in 2013 on their facebook page. They had a picture of the Snoopy Rocket elevated monorail ride on it.

Kings Dominion

Like This Page · 16 hours ago

FACEBOOK EXCLUSIVE: Kings Dominion will unveil 8 NEW rides in the Bigger, Better Planet Snoopy next spring.

Here's one of those rides, to be called "Snoopy's Rocket Express". It will be an aerial monorail ride, where four people from your family can enjoy the view high above Planet Snoopy together!

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/302718_10151133302241875_1317090145_n.jpg

It's official, Kings Dominion's 2013 opening day is Friday, March 29th, 2013. The 2013 calendar (thru Labor Day) is up on the website... http://www.kingsdominion.com/hours-directions/kings-dominion 108 days to go!

Also, 3 out of the 8 new Planet Snoopy rides have been announced now, including...

Snoopy's Rocket Express

302718_10151133302241875_1317090145_n.jpg.a417f29ebbc66728f3ff31df8beac1eb.jpg

Linus Launcher

375476_10151136832126875_1996926415_n.jpg.7128334cd848ec9d4f307e28ea7dbc85.jpg

Woodstock Whirlybirds

481574_10151137972301875_1826066198_n.jpg.a4ed0077dc29f45a83072784c0c42063.jpg

Great to see these operating calendars popping up around the place - makes trip planning much easier. So looks like the place will be open from 10:30-8 on the day I'm visiting.

It's a Friday (June 7), anyone able to comment on whether this will be enough time to do all the rides (will skip the waterpark), or should we budget for Fast Lane as well? Or are we better off going earlier in the week even though opening hours are shorter?

It's a Friday (June 7), anyone able to comment on whether this will be enough time to do all the rides (will skip the waterpark), or should we budget for Fast Lane as well? Or are we better off going earlier in the week even though opening hours are shorter?

Most of the schools around there are still in school and have exams that week (including me). You should be fine!

Also, 3 out of the 8 new Planet Snoopy rides have been announced.

While these have already been announced...

Snoopy's Rocket Express

Linus Launcher

Woodstock Whirlybirds

More have been announced such as...

Lucy's Tugboat

A Balloon Ride

and also a train ride, but this could be Snoopy's Rocket Express.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpaKNp9Ahgg

Warning: The pictures can be a little depressing for old farts like me. Some of these attractions have been at the park since it opened in 1975. I had to take a couple seconds to recognize the area where the tree swings were and demolition of Yogi's/Treasure cave (in progress) in a couple of the pictures!

I loved Yogi's Cave. Treasure cave... not so much.

An announcement from the park today. Remember--you must be between the age of six and ten to be a "KidCaster."

Kings Dominion Searching for its First-Ever Planet Snoopy KidCaster!

Be part of the Planet Snoopy construction as the Planet Snoopy KidCaster junior reporter!

WHAT: Can’t wait til the spring of 2013 to experience Kings Dominion’s new Planet Snoopy? Well, Kings Dominion has the perfect opportunity for you. Kings Dominion is looking for its first-ever Planet Snoopy KidCaster reporter!

The Planet Snoopy KidCaster is Kings Dominion’s roving junior reporter. The amusement park is looking for someone between the age of 6 and 10 to watch Planet Snoopy transform into the world’s largest PEANUTSTM-themed children’s area in the world.

The Planet Snoopy KidCaster will get to see all of the Planet Snoopy construction first-hand, before anyone else. The Planet Snoopy KidCaster will tell the world what they think of all the construction as the new rides and attractions are built during the off-season.

The Planet Snoopy KidCaster will be featured on Kings Dominion’s YouTube Channel, Facebook page, Twitter page and more.

WHEN: Kings Dominion’s Planet Snoopy KidCaster will come to the park to report on the construction once a month, starting in January and lasting through April, 2013.

WHERE: Apply ONLINE. Visit http://www.kingsdominion.com and click on the second homepage banner for the KidCaster or visit http://www.kingsdominion.com/biggerbetter-planetsnoopy and click on the KD KidCaster tab on the top of the screen. All applicants must fill out a submission form, which includes a 200-word or less description on why you want to be the Planet Snoopy KidCaster.

Submissions will be accepted through Monday, January 7, 2013. A winner will be selected on Monday, January 14, 2013. No purchase necessary. Full sweepstakes rules can be found at http://www.kingsdominion.com.

Was hanging out on Youtube - which waste hours and hours - and ran across some cool KD commercials from the 70s.

"if that don't getcha then the Rebel Yell will!"

I guess Dick Van Dyke was a KD spokesperson for some time:

I first went to the park in 1984, then again in 85. Grizzly was still the "hot" new ride! I didn't get back to the park until 2011 and so much fun seemed to be gone. Granted, it was early in the season and everything (including Grizzly) wasn't open. The operations were poor and we had some serious issues with line jumpers. Of course, after being there as a kid, then going back 26 years later - I had really gotten my hopes up. Perhaps just 2 bad days for the park; I do look forward to going back to the park in the future. I'm hoping the new CF leadership will help spread the Cedar Point quality and efficiency of operations to the rest of the parks in the chain.