TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

P. 766: Haunt Has Risen from the Grave

Well, Dominator reopened yesterday morning, running fine.

Of course none of us know when on the ride the person became "unresponsive" but the final helix does pull quite a lot of G's & almost makes me want to throw up afterwards as of lately.

Agreed, but it doesn't pull as much as Backlot or i305...

Well, Dominator reopened yesterday morning, running fine.
Of course none of us know when on the ride the person became "unresponsive" but the final helix does pull quite a lot of G's & almost makes me want to throw up afterwards as of lately.

Agreed, but it doesn't pull as much as Backlot or i305...

The G's on backlot aren't as bad as on intimidator's first turn.

Just to make it official, the woman on Dominator did in fact die from a brain aneurysm. It was just released today.

Yeah,I read the article earlier today....really sad but unfortunately her condition was a ticking timebomb that was bound to go off sooner or later & what makes it more sad is that she probably was completely unaware of the condition.

^^ Hopefully the nice castle structure outside of the building will return this year. That was a great improvement last season.

Also, KD has posted an interesting behind the scenes with a maintenance worker during the morning safety checks on Windseeker and Rebel Yell.

Not bad but they could've shown more on the actual mechanics of the trains like they did with windseeker.

^And? What's the big deal?

No big deal about it at all,it's probably just a blocking error but this is not the thing that KD wants or really needs right now on a ride that someone recently died on.

Did anyone go to the park this weekend & if so was Dominator back up & running?

2013!!!

First of all, Kings Dominion never teases so this is shocking. Secondly, the only strong 2013 rumor has been a kiddie area revamp and this doesn't seem to be hinting towards that (unless "Planet" Snoopy, but it has the records thing mentioned). Finally, the whole "Breaking Records... AGAIN!" thing really has my attention.

September 12th, get here now!

Thoughts?

27853420_KD12-372TeaserHomepageBanner.jpg.695983e51e3667a997165067748a8a31.jpg

Edited by Intimidator305

^^^If anything I think that image teases something for Planet Snoopy. It is cartoonish in the art style, plus it has to do with space, tying into the larger theme of Planet Snoopy. I'm definitely curious to see what kind of record they could really find with a kiddie area, but I like that they are continuing to spread out the investments in the park in areas that aren't just coasters.

^ That's what I'm starting to think as well. They will probably pull out the "Largest Kids Area in the Mid-Atlantic (or East Coast)" record.

I'm excited that the park is teasing it though like so many other parks do these days. They're doing the same thing as CGA is doing on their website.

^ That's what I'm starting to think as well. They will probably pull out the "Largest Kids Area in the Mid-Atlantic (or East Coast)" record.

I'm excited that the park is teasing it though like so many other parks do these days. They're doing the same thing as CGA is doing on their website.

We've got quite the discussion going in a couple of facebook groups on the subject right now but I find it odd that KD would be teasing this early for something as simple as a rennovaation of the kids area since theirs is already bigger than SFA's LTMT section & with better rides for the kids.

"Record breaking" sounds like something in the thrill ride category to me & it will have been three years since their last coaster but since we got windseeker this year as well as DA it kinda throws off the whole thrill ride one year/family ride next year rotation since both were done together this year.Now they could be hinting at a new woodie coming to the park to break the current record they have of four woodies in one park who knows?