TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

• Replies 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wait, there is actually going to be a safari-themed ride in Safari Village? Is that allowed? 🤣

My money, in all seriousness, is on Tiki Twirl.  CF already has a logo drawn up and everything.

He has a lot more history with Kings Dominion than just 2 years. You also forgot that Carnival and Winterfest also came in under him (I know they aren't rides, but I feel they are big improvements for

Posted Images

Can't wait to hear some impressions this weekend. Heading back to Richmond in mid October and trying to decide on doing the Haunt at KD or HOS at BGW. Currently leaning heavily toward KD. My only fear is that quality is sacrificed for quantity...please tell me otherwise!

Did you attend haunt last year?It was pretty good then so I'm expecting the same level of quality again this year as well.

No this will only be my second trip ever to KD (first was about 2 months ago). My job has sent me to Richmond for some training and this will be my second of several trips this year to the area. I'm by myself for 2 weeks so KD and BGW were welcome breaks in the monotony of hotel life.

^What exactly makes you not wanna go?

I do want to go, but I can't school, homework, etc.

So what does being 12 have to do with that? Haunt's main audience is high schoolers and teenagers and we have waaaay more homework than you do, but we find the time because, well, it's the Haunt!

Hey guys...

I'm getting close to booking a last minute trip to VA around the 20th of Oct. to hit up BGW and KD. I know BGW gets busy on Saturdays so I was going to go there first and then do KD on Sat & Sun - figured I'd give KD 2 days, especially since it has more coasters.

Obviously the haunt stuff is going on so there will be crowds, but is it possible for me to get on all the coasters at least once over the weekend? Are all the coasters open during the haunt?

^I think only Hurler is closed during Haunt, and Ghoster Coaster (the kiddie wooden coaster) runs during the day, but they close the kids section shortly before Haunt begins.

Edited by cfc

El Dorado is now closed & walled up while deconstruction of the ride is taking place....looks like windseeker will occupy it's space after all as I thought it would go more near the spot where HSXLC's vertical tower was so as to allow more clearance for the swings.

Windseeker will look amazing in that spot. In my opinion, it's the best place they could've put it.

I'd have to agree,my guess is the queue will go around that front path & it leaves the XLC spot open to future development.

I'm going tomorrow to check out haunt,anyone know if they've got the sliders on central stalkway this year?

I'm going tomorrow to check out haunt,anyone know if they've got the sliders on central stalkway this year?

I went last night and am going back today (trip report will be coming soon) and there were sliders all around the Eiffel Tower (it isn't even technically a scarezone). It is like the sliders got their own section this year!

That sucks about them removing El Dorado as I always liked the looks of that ride - only rode it once at Geauga Lake & thought it was quite fun.

Any word on if they are relocating, selling or are they just scrapping?

I thought El Dorado was "meh," at best--not particularly sorry to see it go.

Hersheypark had the Conestoga ride and for some I reason I always remembered it to have more of a punch than El Dorado??? Basically they were the same ride were they not?

conestoga.jpg.5e3b999c0fbdbbbe329bb220b5c55161.jpg