TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

• Replies 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wait, there is actually going to be a safari-themed ride in Safari Village? Is that allowed? 🤣

My money, in all seriousness, is on Tiki Twirl.  CF already has a logo drawn up and everything.

He has a lot more history with Kings Dominion than just 2 years. You also forgot that Carnival and Winterfest also came in under him (I know they aren't rides, but I feel they are big improvements for

Posted Images

Why must Cedar Fair keep adding the same ride to their parks? Four Windseekers in one year and two the next year...it's crazy. Plus three Dinosaurs Alive! attractions in two years?! Seriously?

Do they know what 'variety' means?

Let's keep in mind that the CF parks are regional parks so the locals are gonna really eat this up,I for one am REALLY looking forward to windseeker next season not only for the thrills of the ride experience but for the views of the surrounding area it will offer.

Anyone gonna be at the park tomorrow? I'll be going and can only hope that it's not gonna rain this time for a good portion of the day as I'd like toget in as many rides as possible.

LIke them or not, I think these "Fast Pass" style options are here to stay. Being as Six Flags and Busch have such systems in place, Cedar Fair needs to do this to compete.

Will it work out for them? Time will tell.

Hear that Action Theater may be vacating its spot for the 2012 season. Total building removal. Of course we hear this rumor every season.

No big loss there, I always hated the thought of these type of attractions in an amusement park!

As far as CF adding the same thing to different parks, the majority of the gp visitors probably couldn't even name you 3 CF parks anyway. To them this is a ride they may have seen advertised somewhere and thought how cool it would be to ride one. Now that their park close to home is getting one they can go ride it. Also SF was good at cloning everything imaginable and it seems to have worked out just fine.

^Doubt that. AFX serves multiple purposes, including a Haunt Attraction and for training sessions. If anything, they will remodel it but I even believe that to be scarcely plausible...

On the topic of Fast Passes: Please no. I for one strongly oppose it. The reason they are so reluctant to implement a new system is the hastle. Training, equipment, maintainence and most importantly guest's responses. You know how much of a hastle it is to *fairly* put 3, 5, 8 Flash Passers into a train? No. It causes a flipping riot. Think about how many complaints the parks with Flash Passes get compared to those without. I imagine it's tremendous.

I saw on KD's Facebook page that people were renewing their season passes because of the new additions next year... I mean seriously!? There are other great rides they can enjoy while they are there

Well I for one plan to renew my pass for 2012.

I'm amazed that KD's El Dorado has rabid fans (from KD's Facebook page):

Sell El Dorado = lose a pass member. it is that simple

Yes, the removal of El Dorado would be very distressing for all fans of boring rides with maintenance issues.

Edited by cfc
I saw on KD's Facebook page that people were renewing their season passes because of the new additions next year... I mean seriously!? There are other great rides they can enjoy while they are there

When a cat sits at your first floor landing, and you put catnip at the top of the stairs, the cat will go to get their fix.

You fill in the blanks.

http://news.webshots.com/photo/1432224248070495517gVEjDy

http://news.webshots.com/photo/1432226879070495517pdXkpC

http://news.webshots.com/photo/2789089500070495517ArkRzN

Look, many many trees LMAO

Yes, there was a time when KD had more of a traditional park feel, and not some Paramount/CF corporate feel.

Have they really cut down a lot of trees over the years? I've always considered KD as the park buried in a forest.

And I figure the animation has so many trees just so they wouldn't take time to model any more of the rides. It's probably to give the height of the ride more definition.

I actually don't see Old Virginia as very shady anymore either. Around the log flume/White Water Canyon, sure, but they tore down so many trees to build Wayne's World and the go-kart track. I'm glad they've not added much to that section of the park though. I thought the animation was funny because it made KD look like if Knoebels had big thrill rides. Did they make Carowinds have lots of trees too?

I kind of consider "Old Virginia" to be the pathway from the vine-tunnel (name for that?) up to the water rides and then back through SSS to the Eiffel Tower. If those Go-Karts would go, and they would've placed the Skycoaster a little nicer, it'd be pretty perfect. But the main path itself is still nice.