TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

• Replies 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wait, there is actually going to be a safari-themed ride in Safari Village? Is that allowed? 🤣

My money, in all seriousness, is on Tiki Twirl.  CF already has a logo drawn up and everything.

He has a lot more history with Kings Dominion than just 2 years. You also forgot that Carnival and Winterfest also came in under him (I know they aren't rides, but I feel they are big improvements for

Posted Images

Oh, and there was also news on KDFansite that Shockwave got a new coat of paint. Apparently it's purple.

EDIT: Just kidding, not purple, misread a post. So the colors are still a mystery. Also to those that don't believe me, KD posted a comment on their facebook about it.

"the shockwave is getting painted now! well at least when it isn't raining. you won't miss it when you walk by for sure!"

Well hopefully whatever colors they've chosen will be an improvement over what paramount did to it 11 years ago...I'm thinking purple track,yellow supports?

^ But that would look kind of strange. My guess would be a dark blue or green

Well that didnt stop them from painting carowinds stand up coaster the exact same colors of their intimidator lol...

I am pretty partial to the original colors more so than some gaudy day-glo flourescent scheme....

Compliments of Shane's Amusement Attic

The original color scheme was great. I barely remember it and when I saw pictures of the old colors after being used to the new ones I remembered how much I liked them.

I am pretty partial to the original colors more so than some gaudy day-glo flourescent scheme....

Compliments of Shane's Amusement Attic

The original color scheme was great. I barely remember it and when I saw pictures of the old colors after being used to the new ones I remembered how much I liked them.

When I saw the colors in 2000 I was like ughh!!! so anything other than that would definitely be an improvement.

I put a similar post in the BGW thread, but my wife and I will be in the Williamsburg area over spring break. Planning on going to KD for 1 or 2 days, depending on weather. Thinking the best strategy for the 1 or 2-day flexibility and cheapest price is to get one VIP Season Pass and then use the $25.00 Bring a Friend Discount for the other admission.

According to the single day ticket page, the online discount is $15.00 and the online price is $42.99. That puts the regular price at $57.99, and the Bring a Friend Discount price to $32.99+tax, right?

1-day would be $89.99 + $32.99 = ~$123

2-day would be $89.99 + $32.99 + $32.99 = ~$156

Anyone have a better strategy?

^ There are a few I can think of. You should be able to find discounted tickets at places for 35 dollars. That will total up to 140.

If you plan on arriving late, like after 4 pm the first day. The park used to sell full priced tickets where you get in the next day for free. Not sure they still do that. 120 for that option.

After the season starts, you could check ebay or some online sites like that. A few years ago I sold 4 kd tickets on ebay and I think they went for 40 dollars.

I hope this might help you out.

^ There are a few I can think of. You should be able to find discounted tickets at places for 35 dollars. That will total up to 140.

If you plan on arriving late, like after 4 pm the first day. The park used to sell full priced tickets where you get in the next day for free. Not sure they still do that. 120 for that option.

After the season starts, you could check ebay or some online sites like that. A few years ago I sold 4 kd tickets on ebay and I think they went for 40 dollars.

I hope this might help you out.

Thanks for the feedback.

The problem with $35 tickets is that it's an extra stop and no free parking, so that'd be $140 + $20 for parking, so ~$160.

The park is only open until 6 PM on the days I'm going, so after 4 PM tickets isn't really an option.

Thanks for the suggestion to check eBay. I'll take a look.

I find it interesting that on both the best new coaster and attraction pages, they basically say flat out that an inferior choice won due to massive internet campaigning.

They never really said it was inferior, they just want us to think that Sky Rocket deserved more votes than it got. I think they're on crack personally because if you picked Sky Rocket over the fastest coaster in the world, a giga coaster and a B&M megacoaster then you're insane.

^^Many people take themselves too seriously. I'm glad that I305 won as it's my favorite of the two, but would it have ruined my life if it hadn't? Hardly.

^I'm looking forward to riding Sky Rocket some day.