TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

P. 767: WinterFest Media Night Report

This is just a total stab in the dark to put another idea on the table. I know it's a nooby idea, but is it possible that they could be modifying the incline of the hill to reduce forces? I mean, there's no way to tell until we see how many pieces of structure they're taking out, right? Trims would be a much more reasonable suggestion, but you never know...

I do not think they would remove the whole front half of the second hill to put trim brackets on... That would be one long set of trims!!! In fact, it would actually be more than they have on the drop now! That would be IMO a worse feeling than trims on the drop.

""*Wishing KD says something and doesn't keep a dang secret"""

NO!!! I may be the crazy one of the group, but I enjoyed greying out. I thought it was a neat experience.

But as somebody said, the parks have to cater to the GP, not us enthusiasts. I'm pretty sure most people who greyed out thought they nearly died. Still, I enjoy I-305 the way it is.

It should be interesting to see what develops, but I gurantee you they are responding from millions of GP complaints.

"Yeah, you need to fix your coaster because I nearly died when it went around the first turn. I was like so scared. Maybe you should add a loop or something to fix it, but I nearly killed myself riding your stupid ride."

I find it funny how i got shut down when I suggested a re-profile months ago and now everyone is on board! As long as they bring back what seems like the best drop in coaster history without trims i will be very happy. Going down there sometime in the spring during college visits so this is a nice surprise.

That's interesting. If anyone hears any rumors, let us know. I think trims going down the second hill would be a great idea, as you'd still get the speed from the first drop with the airtime on the third hill as well.

Yeah but wouldn't they just have brackets pre-fabbed into the track for just such a purpose? I really wonder if the layout is gonna change & if it were to eliminate blackouts/grayouts then don't you think they would've shut the ride down during haunt rather than risk any guests being injured?

Gray outs did seem to be the biggest complaint about I-305 (at least outside the enthusiast community), so reprofiling to cut down on the forces would be my guess, too. We shall see.

CALM DOWN EVERYONE!!!!

Before you all go jumping to conclusions just remember this kind of thing is not un-common. Do you all remember when California Screamin' had it's loop taken down?

Or the pieces of track that went missing from Revolution?

Or what about Thunderbolt having a chunk of track taken out?

Turned out it was nothing!

Now I'm not saying that this is what is happening here, but you all gotta remember that it could be as simple as taking down a piece of track to do an x-ray inspection, they could be adding a zero-G roll or replacing that track with nothing but trims.

Why does everyone always have to think worst case scenario?

--Robb

I hope that they remove the trims on Intimidator 305. Even though I still blacked out with the trims, I would love to see what it would be like without them. I hear it's awesome. During the construction that they are doing over the off seasons, I hope they widen the turn a little bit or make some over banked turn like on Millennium Foce or Bizarro. I hope they don't ruin the ride. This was an awesome coaster, and hopefully still will be, I also hope that they don't change the speed of the lift hill. It was one fast ride up and I hope it stays that way.

I always thought an easy fix for i305 would be to put a tunnel over the first turn. This way people wouldn't know if they are greying/blacking out Will be interesting to see the final outcome to this project. I just expect an inclined turn up to the the 2nd hill to decrease the g's.