TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

^Who's been defensive about the results? The responses above are probably pretty accurate. In the end it really doesn't matter, if it did I'm sure more of us would have found ways to vote multiple times each day.

To assume that the only reason one coaster beat out another is because people wanted to spite the site is taking a defensive stance on the matter. As Jarmor points out, the B&M has it's fans too. If I'm misinterpreting your post, then my apoligies. : - )

No worries, Ed. My response really was more in jest, but there were probably some people that were doing just that. I guess I'll just put a wink after each and every one of my responses for now on.

Just doing a comparison of the original POV from last year and this video, the train is taking 12-13 seconds from the apex of the first hill to the apex of the 2nd hill in both videos. So basically, it's not slowing down at all with the new layout, meaning they hope the incline in the 1st turn will make the difference in the issues they've been having. Should be interesting to see if those trims stay off the first drop.

Just doing a comparison of the original POV from last year and this video, the train is taking 12-13 seconds from the apex of the first hill to the apex of the 2nd hill in both videos. So basically, it's not slowing down at all with the new layout, meaning they hope the incline in the 1st turn will make the difference in the issues they've been having. Should be interesting to see if those trims stay off the first drop.

I hope they stay off

I hope they stay off

Trim On! *clap clap*

Trim off! *clap clap*

Trim On Trim off *clap*

The Trimmer! *intamin fart*

Yep! this thing is back to its Haulin'arse time!.

Are the brakes on the third hill doing just as much damage? I can't tell, but it looks very similar! And no matter what, I'm SO pumped to ride this in just a few weeks!

For those with experience, how are crowds on opening day? Would it be smarter to go on Sunday the 3rd, or what?

The train crawled over the 3rd hill yes the brakes def slowed it down I shot the video and in person shooting the video it was crazy. I am so pumped and hope it is like this from the video on April 2 when it opens.

For those with experience, how are crowds on opening day? Would it be smarter to go on Sunday the 3rd, or what?

I dont know how opening day is, but I went the first sunday of the season last year and the park was practically empty! Short (15 minutes maybe) line for volcano, and waits for intimidator were at times less than 5 minutes.

I dont know how opening day is, but I went the first sunday of the season last year and the park was practically empty! Short (15 minutes maybe) line for volcano, and waits for intimidator were at times less than 5 minutes.

Opening day last year was really bad! I only rode I305 2 times opening day then joined the rest of my friends at bgw for the rest of the afternoon with little to no waits for most of the big rides.

Liking the look of that airtime! Can't wait to ride it again, it's only a couple weeks away!

I dunno,looking at the entry into the second hill it no longer seems to have the same angle of entry as before thus IMO reducing the airtime but I guess we'll find out in a couple more weeks.

I dunno,looking at the entry into the second hill it no longer seems to have the same angle of entry as before thus IMO reducing the airtime but I guess we'll find out in a couple more weeks.

You might lose about .1 second of air at the beginning of the hill due to the new angle of entry, but it's still screaming over the top of it. You'll be soaring just like the beginning of last year, provided the trims stay off.

edit - In fact, on a second viewing, the only part that is changed is the part where the train is turning upwards, which produces positive Gs. All the area giving the negative Gs is completely unchanged.

i was there that same day. it was like heaven. a brand new giga-coaster with a 5-minute wait!

Oh, and there was also news on KDFansite that Shockwave got a new coat of paint. Apparently it's purple.

EDIT: Just kidding, not purple, misread a post. So the colors are still a mystery. Also to those that don't believe me, KD posted a comment on their facebook about it.

"the shockwave is getting painted now! well at least when it isn't raining. you won't miss it when you walk by for sure!"

Edited by braztaz

I'll be there opening day. Hopefully it will be open and running well. If not I'll just hop over to Busch for some B&M madness.

Word of advice for riding I305, I'd try to get there early in the season before any changes can take place. You never really know.

Even if trims are there, it's still a great ride.

Oh, and there was also news on KDFansite that Shockwave got a new coat of paint. Apparently it's purple.

EDIT: Just kidding, not purple, misread a post. So the colors are still a mystery. Also to those that don't believe me, KD posted a comment on their facebook about it.

"the shockwave is getting painted now! well at least when it isn't raining. you won't miss it when you walk by for sure!"

Well hopefully whatever colors they've chosen will be an improvement over what paramount did to it 11 years ago...I'm thinking purple track,yellow supports?