TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

^^ Well you can always hope they theme it to that when they lose the licensing to the "Intimidator" Dale Earnhardt name... But knowing Cedar Fair it will probably be something like "Stock Car Stunt Coaster 305"...

Anyways, please vote for Intimidator 305! Vote on anything with internet on it... iPods, iPads, cell phones, laptops, PlayStations, Nooks, Kindles, Xboxes, ect. http://themeparks.about.com/b/2011/02/11/readers-choice-awards-roller-coaster.htm

Intimidator- Carowinds

(6311) 45%

Intimidator 305- Kings Dominion

(6784) 48%

Please vote for 305 TPR members! Not only will it help the better coaster win, it will also pi$$ off all those TPR/Robb haters!

It only takes 2 clicks!

OH MY GEE!!! This is what they're talking about!!! Look at those TPR oppressors forcing their members to do something!!!

Anyway, I voted...

^ I suppose you are right Robb. They are rediculous even without us doing anything!

The polls are closed and KINGS DOMINION won by more than 500 votes! I checked the polls right before they were closed and the totals were...

Intimidator- Carowinds

(7249) 45%

(7792) 49%

GOOD JOB TPR!

^ Don't congratulate us...congratulate Kings Dominion! They deserve it. It's not very often that a park has taken as big of a risk installing a ride like I-305. I can only think of a handful of rides that have opened in the past 15 years that are as ballsy - Millennium Force, Kingda Ka, Top Thrill Dragster.

Intimidator at Carowinds was a fun ride, don't get me wrong, but when you think about other B&M hypers - Silver Star, Apollo's Chariot, Nitro, Behemoth, Diamonback, Goliath, etc, it's in good company and all are great rides, but it just doesn't stand out.

And THAT, IMO, is why it didn't deserve to win.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

Replace chew with like/vote for. Big Red would have been a much better name for 305. Carowinds has Thunder Road (moon shining/Nascar) Intimidatator is a perfect fit. Kings Dominion had a triple crown winning horse grow up within spitting distance of where the park is now . I think VA should honer it's own! No disrespect to "Earnhart"(As if that hard right turn that has been a major problem from the beginning wasn't enough,But he died making a hard right turn!!!! ) But Secretariat grew up in our backyard!

That's kinda funny, cause Intimidator was affectionately called "Big Red" by a lot of employees at Carowinds last year.

^ I suppose you are right Robb. They are rediculous even without us doing anything!

The polls are closed and KINGS DOMINION won by more than 500 votes! I checked the polls right before they were closed and the totals were...

Intimidator- Carowinds

(7249) 45%

(7792) 49%

GOOD JOB TPR!

If you go to the poll results page its saying Carowind's Intimidator won by 253 votes.

So Carowinds won? How? Don't get me wrong it looks like a great ride but like Robb said... it was a conservative ride that we've seen before. They didn't do anything daring like Kings Dominion... they build a Giga Coaster and then listened to whiny enthusiasts and continued to modify it throughout the season to make it better (New restraints, moving the brakes around and now changing the entire first turn). I haven't ridden either coaster but unless B&M did something miraculous with Intimidator at carowinds I just don't get that.

I think you should all be blaming the Green Party (Sky Rocket).

Really, since they both opened I've seen half prefer the B&M, and half prefer the Intamin. That's just about what the poll says. I haven't ridden any of the coasters on that list, so I just didn't vote. To act defensive about this "most scientific of polls" because one site bombarded the B&M with votes while the other is doing the same for an Intamin is a headscratcher though.

So Carowinds won? How?

...Because some people rather vote for a lesser coaster to spite TPR.

Im almost quite sure the people on carowinds facebook page has no idea what a TPR is...

Carowinds's coaster was winning before TPR got involved...

^Who's been defensive about the results? The responses above are probably pretty accurate. In the end it really doesn't matter, if it did I'm sure more of us would have found ways to vote multiple times each day.

To assume that the only reason one coaster beat out another is because people wanted to spite the site is taking a defensive stance on the matter. As Jarmor points out, the B&M has it's fans too. If I'm misinterpreting your post, then my apoligies. : - )

That doesn't make any sense, if we were ahead by 700 points right before the poll closed how did Carowinds beat us out by 200?

Because people logged on with multiple accounts to repeatedly vote but who cares?

With opening day less than one month away who's planning on going?BTW I saw some interesting post galaxi/pre shockwave pics on KD's FB page this morning.