TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
I think KD needs to do something with the connector pathway between Dominator and Ghoster Coaster. I know there isn't much space, but some food stands or games or something would fit... I just think it feels a little empty.

I know, we left ECB early because I wasn't feeling good, and walking down that path it felt so... weird. Almost creepy since we were alone. In upcoming years I would actually like to see a giant Huss Frisbee or another big flat ride like that. But in the meantime get at least something to fill that empty spot. I totally agree with you.

Heh, same here. I was walking there and was worried I had gone off course onto a maintenance road or something, lol. I didn't realize the shooting dark ride existed until the end of the day.

I don't think that path is "empty", there's a huge coaster to look at, and the path is pleasant. Not room for anything substantial, maybe a little drink cart would do good business on a hot day (a water fountain or sprinkler would be even better) but PLEASE don't trash it up with games and stuff! I'm too aware of the original park layout to not be thankful for a short cut!

I know there is a joke in here or one coming soon, but what they really need to do with that area is get the trees back in. Grizzly is so much nicer when it is hidden from view. It helped to build some anticipation for the ones who never rode it before, and now that area just looks so out of place and almost ghetto. The Windseeker/Star Flyer would work in a tree filled environment.....rising up above the tree tops and swirling around with all that ground cover below would be pretty sweet.

I really do not think that Cedar Fair would ever do that. That would cost a good amount of money to fill up that whole area with trees. What they need to do though is just put "something" in the huge asphalt area in front of Sky Flyer and El Dorado. I know the Black Squid (Spider) ride from Geauga Lake was supposed to go there in 2009 (when KD got El Dorado and Americana) but it wasn't in good enough condition to be re-assembled at Kings Dominion. Even if its just some planters with flowers, another stupid game stand, or even a "Coca-Cola Oasis" like the one next to Anaconda's entrance, something needs to be placed there.

Does anyone know exactly what land KD owns? I remember reading that it's bought a TON of land surrounding the park but I don't see how they can actually get to that land. Considering the park is pretty much boxed in with all the coasters and rides, pathways would have to go under (or completely around, which would be quite a walk) rides like i305.

Anyone have any ideas where to get discount KD tickets besides the online website offer? I want to try and go in a few months, but want to get an estimate on all the costs. Also, the same goes for BGW. I want to see how much extra it is to go for an extra night and spend the day at the park.