TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Ok guys, I think I have it all figured out. Since Cedar Fair had a few extra million left over out of their captial improvement budget, they went over to Mondail and asked them for a unqiue ride. They said no problem, we have just what you are "seeking". So, in order to place this new thrill "seeking" attraction in the best possible location for thrill "seekers" to love, it was necessary to remove part of the I305 track to make way for the installation of the tower for their new......wait for it.........wait for it...... Wind Seeker.

It really would be an excellent spot for something like that. To be able to see yourself level with this massive roller coaster would really amp up the effect I think.

Best four and a half minutes of my life.

You need to go to more strip clubs.

Holy Sh!t Robb! You totaly read my mind with this response. I was thinking the exact same thing after his 4 & a half minutes quote. Thanks for responding for me. Oh, and thank you very much. I'm glad you liked the vid.

Ok guys, I think I have it all figured out. Since Cedar Fair had a few extra million left over out of their captial improvement budget, they went over to Mondail and asked them for a unqiue ride. They said no problem, we have just what you are "seeking". So, in order to place this new thrill "seeking" attraction in the best possible location for thrill "seekers" to love, it was necessary to remove part of the I305 track to make way for the installation of the tower for their new......wait for it.........wait for it...... Wind Seeker.

It really would be an excellent spot for something like that. To be able to see yourself level with this massive roller coaster would really amp up the effect I think.

Nahh,a windseeker would look better next to DZ....not that KD's getting one anytime soon.

Secretly, I'm hoping that they slowly remove every single piece of track and replacement with nothing but trim brakes and cottage cheese. The non-stop bickering back and forth will result in one of the largest discussion threads on TPR and thus bump our Alexa rankings even higher!

--Robb "What can I say...I'm selfish!" Alvey

Secretly, I'm hoping that they slowly remove every single piece of track and replacement with nothing but trim brakes and cottage cheese. The non-stop bickering back and forth will result in one of the largest discussion threads on TPR and thus bump our Alexa rankings even higher!

--Robb "What can I say...I'm selfish!" Alvey

Mmm...cottage cheese.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCoOvlaM8sk

The approach to the hill is gone, as well as several of the supports leading into the hill. (the one tallest support before the end of the removed track remains)

At this point, nobody outside the park can see what does or does not remain of the first turn.

On a related note, does the mocking of KD locals need to go on forever?

with the supports gone I have to believe this will be some sort of a reprofile job. Has this sort of a reprofile ever happened on a steel coaster before? I know Boardwalk Bullet has had a ton of work done along with other wooden coasters but i've never heard of this on a steel coaster (except maverick of course)

with the supports gone I have to believe this will be some sort of a reprofile job. Has this sort of a reprofile ever happened on a steel coaster before? I know Boardwalk Bullet has had a ton of work done along with other wooden coasters but i've never heard of this on a steel coaster (except maverick of course)

What about steel phantom being completely reprofiled into phantom's revenge? so with that in mind I'd say the answer is a resounding yes.

You guys, you guys, you guys. You have it all wrong. All wrong.

Cedar Fair is taking a nod from Six Flags' past and starting a Ride Rotation program. I305 and Son of Beast are switching parks, and the other Intimidator is swapping with Diamondback.

Sheesh. Noobs.

You guys, you guys, you guys. You have it all wrong. All wrong.

Cedar Fair is taking a nod from Six Flags' past and starting a Ride Rotation program. I305 and Son of Beast are switching parks, and the other Intimidator is swapping with Diamondback.

Sheesh. Noobs.

LOL,we already have our mini SOB(cough hurler cough).

I'd put a whole lot of money on Intamin already having whatever fix they've got (assuming something's changing) designed before I305 was even built this past winter. This honestly seems just like Maverick - they knew the barrel roll was pushing the limits, and so they already had new track manufactured before it was even necessary so that the end result was only delayed what, one or two weeks? Of course, I305 is on a much larger scale, and so I would imagine it isn't very plausible to have that much track manufactured if there's a chance the ride'll work out just fine. So then that's where the trims come in as a temporary fix as soon as they realized that it was going to be a real problem, while they're busy manufacturing track for a solution they've had designed since day one.

Just my thoughts. Intamin's pushing the limits more and more, and so it makes sense for them to have fallbacks in place when it turns out they push them just a little bit too far.

So just how intense was this thing ( version 1 i'm referring to). I have always thought of the Mindbender in the West Edmonton Mall as kind of the Holy Grail for intense roller coasters of this era. I would be interested in hearing how these 2 rides compared intensity wise.

I wonder how much simply adding flat track after the pullout of the first drop and before the 2nd hill would help. If you watch this ride in slow motion, the intense positive G's start during the pull out of the first drop and they don't end until your halfway up the 2nd hill. If the park simply added 20 feet of flat track after the first hill and before the 2nd it could make a world of a difference. Your looking at 2 or 3 less seconds of those positive g's by just doing that.