TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

^I agree. But I was referring more to this the history of this entire thread, not just recent events. If you were around when they first put the trims on, there was a LOT of negativity. People basically boycotting the park because of a trim. And some of those people seem to have come out of the woodwork with the track being taking down. It is just a tamed-down version of complaining this time since nothing has been confirmed yet.

I would like to see them remove the trims off of the first 300 ft drop. This would make the descent a lot faster and a lot more thrilling. Now that they are making some changes to the ride by removing track and some parts of the ride, maybe they can take the trims off of the first drop and have no trims, so you go full speed down the first drop.

If they change the " BLACK OUT BANKED TURN " at the bottom of the first drop, then maybe if they do something different, no one will black out. I think they should either widen the first turn after the drop or make on overbanked turn like on MF. I don' think it would be copying MF because MF has different elements and a different layout design. I have not been on MF, but from the POV's that I have seen, MF look really go. MF and TTD are coaster I am dieing to get on.

Anyways, to sum up my opinion of what is going on. Either widen that turn, or make an overbanked turn, but get ride of all those damn trims. It makes the first drop so weak and it would be awesome with no trims and to get thrown out of my seat by incredible air time.

Lets see what happens. I hope it's something good and something that does not mess up the ride.

Maybe I am wrong about Wicked Twister, but I would have thought this picture was of WT as they were reesembling the spike after putting the extra supporting on. But who knows...

As for an overbanked turn.. I'd rather just have the flat turn. Even if they were to just stretch it out a bit.

Am I the only one who wouldnt want an overbank turn?

Nope, I don't want one either. An overbank turn would be too much like MF.

MF is so much different. It does not have all of the quick transitions that I305 does.

Yes, obviously. MF's speciality is a kind-of majestic feeling, (thus the overbank turn), and i305's speciality is crazy-intense (thus the high G first turn).

And try to stay away from double-posts.

Ok, sorry, I have been told that a lot. I sometime forget which posts I have already posted and I have some very old posts that I have forgotten about and sometimes make new ones. I'll start to keep track. Sorry. I apologize. Won't happen again. I promise.

I know this is off topic, but I think this is my favorite post on TPR.

^I agree. But I was referring more to this the history of this entire thread, not just recent events. If you were around when they first put the trims on, there was a LOT of negativity. People basically boycotting the park because of a trim. And some of those people seem to have come out of the woodwork with the track being taking down. It is just a tamed-down version of complaining this time since nothing has been confirmed yet.

Gotcha.

I feel kind of bad myself because I didn't ride it as much this year as I should have. I did marathon it on Easter Sunday with the trims and during East Coast bash without. Awesome ride regardless. When construction first began I thought after the first drop the ride might go into those woods behind the waterpark and Rebel Yell.

I've never been on Millennium Force so I don't know what those overbanks are like which I guess is why I'm hoping one shows up here. I don't actually think that drastic of a reprofiling is in the cards though.

I don't really see them making any big changes either. But if the whole blackout/greyout thing hasn't been overstated they should change the ride. It would be a shame to me if they did it with trims alone. If an over bank exactly like MF has to be built to slow the train it would be better than trimming the drop. They set out to build a rider's ride, I 305 is worth fixing the right way.

This question is for Guy....

I've always wanted to ask, who is that in your avatar picture hovering over the lift on what looks like Goliath?

Everytime I see a post from you and see that avatar, I keep wondering who that is, hmm looks familiar.

I have yet to ride I305 with the trims. I hear mixed thoughts on it. Some saying it is a huge change and some saying it's really nothing. How are the trims? Are they like Mean Streak that totally kill the first drop and pull you forwards? Or can you barely tell their there?

Either way, I think they should do whatever they can to please both the GP and us enthusiast. I mean for $25 million they need to do something to get it corrected. I'd love to see the coaster remain at 94mph? I mean, the height and speed is what this coaster was built for.

I've always wanted to ask, who is that in your avatar picture hovering over the lift on what looks like Goliath?

Everytime I see a post from you and see that avatar, I keep wondering who that is, hmm looks familiar.

Watch:

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=4th_dimension[/coastertube]

I have yet to ride I305 with the trims. I hear mixed thoughts on it. Some saying it is a huge change and some saying it's really nothing. How are the trims? Are they like Mean Streak that totally kill the first drop and pull you forwards? Or can you barely tell their there?

You can fully tell they're there - moreso in the front (maybe because you can see them and it's in your head) but in the back as well. They're certainly drop-ruining, but not ride-neutering AT ALL. I305 is, with or without trims (of course, when I rode without them I had the flu and that day has been erased from my memory), one of the most insane rides I've ever ridden, and I would guess by Robb's opinion that the same can be said for him, with well over 1000 credits under his belt.

Watch:

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=4th_dimension[/coastertube]

Best four and a half minutes of my life.

Ok guys, I think I have it all figured out. Since Cedar Fair had a few extra million left over out of their captial improvement budget, they went over to Mondail and asked them for a unqiue ride. They said no problem, we have just what you are "seeking". So, in order to place this new thrill "seeking" attraction in the best possible location for thrill "seekers" to love, it was necessary to remove part of the I305 track to make way for the installation of the tower for their new......wait for it.........wait for it...... Wind Seeker.