TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

^^^I wouldn't be too sure. The only thing I find rough about Alpengeist is the turn into the mid course brake run.

My last few rides on Alpengeist were in the middle and the rattle was awful and gave me headaches. I had never experienced that on Alpie. I typically ride Alpengeist in the front so I'm not writing it off yet.

So I was right,KBF & KI are the other two getting windseeker rides so I guess we aren't getting anything major next season@ KD?

I might would guess a "Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular" or just a bunch of paintjobs (Anaconda, Shockwave, ect).

I do think a Windseeker would have been a cool addition to KD if it was in Old VA. It would balance the parks skyline and finally give the drivers on 95 a cool view.

It's weird they would give one to Kings Island AND Cedar Point.

Oh well, I guess I-305 is enough consolation.

Well only 4 parks in the chain have announced new attractions so far,they still have Dorney,WOF,VF,MIA & KD left to go.

I know it's highly unlikely but what about a spinning mouse coaster being added somewhere in the park?KD hasn't used the woodstock express name for a ride yet while the other former PP's have.

We're waiting for these parks, as far as I know:

Kings Dominion

Carowinds

Michigan's Adventure

California's Great America

I feel like I'm forgetting one though.

CP = Windseeker

KI = Windseeker

CW = Windseeker

KBF = Windseeker

VF = Planet Snoopy

WoF = Planet Snoopy

Dorney = Planet Snoopy

Oh, I guess Gilroy Gardens, but what would they get?

And either way, I highly doubt KD (or Carowinds for that matter) will be getting anything big in 2011. Probably SSS.

Yeah KD just got a huge coaster plus a rethemed kids area in the same year. People who expected something huge every year just don't think logically I think. I'm so excited about going tomorrow and riding this beast of a coaster!

^ From Things that I have gathered... And All of this is speculation! I believe KD and Carowinds are both getting...

- Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular

- Possibly Rockband Tour

- Possibly a new show in their Action Theaters

For KD:

- Rebel Yell, a continuation of it off-season rehabs

- completion of Anaconda's paint job

- a possible Ricochet paint job

- a possible Shockwave paint job.

- a possible Drop Tower paint job.

- more walk way replacements (asphalt to brick)

- new show in the Kings Dominion Theater

For Carowinds:

- new paint on Ricochet

- walkway replacement continuation

As for Michigan Adventure and California's Great America, I can't say much. Though Cedar Fair does keep up with these parks, from what I've heard they don't produce revenue like the other parks aforementioned.

If KD is getting a new show for their theater, I really hope it's an ice show. After seeing the ice shows at Dorney, CP, and KI. I was actually quite surprised at how much I enjoyed the show. I still think that Dorney had the best ice show of the three. There was a certain surprise element that was just fantastic and really added to the show. So, I hope KD gets an ice show cause I think it would be a nice addition in their entertainment lineup.

Yeah KD just got a huge coaster plus a rethemed kids area in the same year. People who expected something huge every year just don't think logically I think. I'm so excited about going tomorrow and riding this beast of a coaster!

In that regard I agree as we can't expect big e-ticket attractions every season as that would bankrupt CF just as it did SFI.My guess is 2012 or at the latest 2013 is when we'll see another major attraction installed at the park.

Kings Dominion already has a rock band show.

I am curious to see what Michigans adventure is going to get. From what I hear, they are having a great year.

Who knows?Perhaps CF has purchased a couple of other flats for the remaining parks that havn't been announced yet but I'd like to see KD get CGA's version of delerium for starters....they need flats just as much as SFA needs coasters.

Otherwise. KD is probably getting diddly-squat.

They just got one of the biggest coasters in the world to be built in the last decade. Hopefully that will keep you guys happy for more than a few months!

--Robb

Otherwise. KD is probably getting diddly-squat.

They just got one of the biggest coasters in the world to be built in the last decade. Hopefully that will keep you guys happy for more than a few months!

--Robb

What!!??? No Intamin prefab!!???