TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

There are numerous possible paths for it right now, it's still way too early to say anything definitive, but if it doesn't get broken up by the increased shear near the Lesser Antilles, it will probably hit the coast, at least the edge of it will, making for possible extended rain at KD. Even if it does get broken up by the shear, the wave of T-storms/rain could still make it's way up the coast, affecting KD around early to mid next week.

Well, I got my first ride on Hurler today and I have to say it wasn't that bad. Liked it better than Grizzly, and I got some pretty good airtime. Rode it twice.

I rode it twice last weekend. I really don't see why it's the worst ride in the world, except the first curve. It's rough, but not painful. also, it's almost always a guaranteed walk-on.

^ Exactly, the turn isn't per say painful, (but, later in the day it may up being) and I too really don't get all the hate.

Like you said, it is a walk-on, so if you want a break from waiting in line to ride a more-than-average ride, Hurler's your coaster.

Well, I got my first ride on Hurler today and I have to say it wasn't that bad. Liked it better than Grizzly, and I got some pretty good airtime. Rode it twice.

I rode it twice last weekend. I really don't see why it's the worst ride in the world, except the first curve. It's rough, but not painful. also, it's almost always a guaranteed walk-on.

Not painful you say? I had the worst ride on it last season by deciding to go a 2nd lap seated in the right side of the train(same car as previous lap) & despite all of that padding it hurt like an SOB(no relation to that pile of firewood at KI hee hee).I really think that if they just changed the drop to going straight off the lift & away from hitting that curve so soon & with that much speed the ride could definitely score some redemptive points in my book.

Just remove the first drop as it currently stands,add a new drop straight off the chain into the space between the lower hills & then have it curve back towards that dreaded turn while keeping the rest of the layout intact & presto pain problem solved.

Saw this on KD Fansite... New Halloween Haunt Teasers have been put on the now closed Dodgem and the vacant Kidz Construction Company building.

haunt2.jpg.1e85193c66aacdb0311e7a80ce0e796d.jpg

Probably the return of Midevil Macabre

haunt.jpg.15ef2759a2c33b92fb3931c006d2b719.jpg

... and introducing a new maze to Kings Dominion... Doll Factory (Do You see the similarity of the doll face with that of Knott's Berry Farm one)

I noticed that Dodgems was closed today. I may be late on this, but are they closed permanently?

They are only closed the rest of the season for KD to build a Haunt maze in the Dodgem building (probably Medieval Macabre). The Dodgems last day of operation each year is the last day of July. They will open back up with the park next spring!

And KDcoasterMAN, I figured a new maze would go there... I just wish that they put something there during the regular season next year instead of it not being used except for the Haunt.

Edited by Intimidator305

Advice needed. I have a 9-year old son (doesn't like coasters) and a 5-year old daughter. We are either going to Kings Dominion or Hershey Park on 09/03. I have never been to KD but, have been to HP once. Which park is better for my children?

So, what are you guys and girls' top 5 favorite rides at KD? (Just to get a little discussion going)

Mine are:

1. Intimidator

2. Flight of Fear

3. Volcano

4. Rebel Yell

5. Dominator

I never rode Volcano because the wait time was three eternities. Same with Flight of Fear, but I got in line for that anyways. The fact that it was an hour and a half wait really brought it down because it made the ride feel "not worth it". Rebel Yell in the front seat is SMOOTH! And Dominator, I think, in the front right, amazing.

Advice needed. I have a 9-year old son (doesn't like coasters) and a 5-year old daughter. We are either going to Kings Dominion or Hershey Park on 09/03. I have never been to KD but, have been to HP once. Which park is better for my children?

KD has a rather large children's area with a lot of rides and attractions. They might like Hershey more though, because of all the candy

because of all the candy

Candy aside, which one would be better for the kids?

P.S. Is there still a Nickelodeon area or, was it replaced with the peanuts gang?

Sorry, it's all peanuts now. But KD does have many live shows for kids, games, rides, you name it. And I'm sure you can talk them into trying the smaller coasters, liek The Ghoster Coaster.

^Ah, yes, forgot about the drop tower! Bumps Dominator down one for me.