TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Wait, they close Flight of Fear for the Haunt!?

Unfortunately yes.

I don't want to think of how bad the wait for 305's gonna be with FOF down during haunt.

You got that right. KDCOASTERFAN, do you think if we all wrote a letter to the park management, they would consider taking our ideas to leave it open for Haunt? It's such a great ride, for them to close it early in the day and use it for a short haunted house. My ideas for it, would actually make it better if they let it stay open. If they close it, they are going to get the same people wondering why it's closed.

Hey guys, just thought I'd pop by and ask...how long are i305's lines usually on a summer weekday? I looked back quite a few pages, but haven't been able to find anything. I'm planning on going Wednesday the 14th, and I've only been to the park once last October. I'm really trying to be able to squeeze as many i305 rides into one day as possible. I really can't wait to get back to this park again.

Hey guys, just thought I'd pop by and ask...how long are i305's lines usually on a summer weekday? I looked back quite a few pages, but haven't been able to find anything. I'm planning on going Wednesday the 14th, and I've only been to the park once last October. I'm really trying to be able to squeeze as many i305 rides into one day as possible. I really can't wait to get back to this park again.

I305's line is very short, even with a full line the longest you wait is 45mins. (front seat can take a while, though)

^Let me guess. For Haunt, they should build a building around FoF? That way it would be the world's first double enclosed coaster!

The simple solution would be to build another gray Haunt Maze building like Club Blood and Toxic Plague have.

I like how you think this is a "simple" solution. Like as though it wouldn't cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to build or anything. Do you even know how much permits costs these days to build a tiny shack? Much less to add electricity, climate control, etc, etc? You can't just "simply" build a building large enough to house a Haunt maze. That actually takes thought, planning, and capital investment.

Seriously, sometimes I see posts in these threads and I really get the feeling everyone thinks they know everything about the theme park industry by playing Roller Coaster Tycoon.

It's not unusual for a park to close an attraction for a haunt maze. Parks do it all the time. And many times an attraction is closed for the ENTIRE SEASON.

Just be appreciative they are keeping Flight of Fear open during the day and stop your bitching.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

Hey,

I will be riding Intimidator 305 at Kings Dominion most likely this Monday for the very first time. I understand that there are trims that are now on the ride to make it less intense, but people still black out.

What doest blacking out feel like? Does it hurt at all, or does it just feel very weird? Also, I hear that there are new over the shoulder harnesses. Are they more comfortable, then those old red ones? Does Intimidator 305, hurt at all? What can I expect? Is it still awesome?

Is the lift hill, still awesomely fast?

Please Give Me Some Advice

--sixflagsgadvguy1000--

^LOL. Seriously though, with the way some parks are run these days, your average RCT player couldn't do any worse.

*coughcedarpointcough*

Uh, yeah, Cedar Point's much better well-run than KD, let alone not well-run at all. I mean, KD's my home park and all, but even my dad would agree.

The trims make the ride terrible. I suggest not riding it at all, it would be a waste of your time.

Yeah don't listen to that guy.I don't know why he has some strange satisfaction of bashing i305 on an internet forum.

But really, it's not that big of a difference at all. You'll love it, it doesn't hurt, and it's smooth, so just ride it and base your own opinion.

I, actually, like the trims on the first hill better.

I'll take your word on KD as I haven't been there(or to Virginia at all) in awhile, but CP's constantly broken-down rides and mediocre, overpriced food isn't my definition of "well-run."

I'll take your word on KD as I haven't been there(or to Virginia at all) in awhile, but CP's constantly broken-down rides and mediocre, overpriced food isn't my definition of "well-run."

KD isn't much better, my friend.

I actually enjoyed CP's food... and when I went, no rides were broken down (except for Magnum for about 30 minutes or so). All of the major one were up and running.

^^ Are you kidding me? I don't know what your definition of "broken down" is, but I go multiple times per year and everything is always running just fine. Sure rides sometimes have spurts of 15-45 minute downtime every once in a while, but what park doesn't have that?

Regarding food, go to ANY major park in the country, Universal, Six Flags, PARC, Cedar Fair, etc., and I guarantee you'll see pretty uniformed overpricing across the board. The quality is exactly the same at most of, if not all Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks. If anything, the quality at Cedar Point is one of the best amongst the CF and SF group because it's a resort and has some sit-down restaurants on site. I see nothing wrong with the food there, it's on par with (if not greater than) every other Cedar Fair, PARC, and Six Flags park I have been to. I think your expectations need lowered a bit. If you have such expectations where you're expecting 5 star (even 3 star) food venues at these parks, then you're in the wrong place, buddy.

Edited by FeelTheFORCE

^^ Are you kidding me? I don't know what your definition of "broken down" is, but I go multiple times per year and everything is always running just fine. Sure rides sometimes have spurts of 15-45 minute downtime every once in a while, but what park doesn't have that?

Regarding food, go to ANY major park in the country, Universal, Six Flags, PARC, Cedar Fair, etc., and I guarantee you'll see pretty uniformed overpricing across the board. The quality is exactly the same at most of, if not all Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks. If anything, the quality at Cedar Point is one of the best amongst the CF and SF group because it's a resort and has some sit-down restaurants on site. I see nothing wrong with the food there, it's on par with (if not greater than) every other Cedar Fair, PARC, and Six Flags park I have been to.

Exactly, how is a T.G.I Fridays ont he beach bad food? Makes no sense to me.

Whoever said the trims ruin the ride, PHOOEY I say!

I rode Intimidator305 for the first time in June after all the trims were in place and absolutley loved it. Luckly, I didn't black-out on my ride, but I do have many other experiences with greying out. Greying out can be pretty scary, but usually you come out of it. As for the strap restraints, they're amazing. I didn't ride it with the OTSRs, but I probably wouldn't have liked it as much if I did.

Intimidator305 is an incredible ride in my opinion, so I think you will enjoy it too.

^ Exactly, and if someone thinks the food isn't that great at TGI Friday's, then how is that Cedar Point's fault? It should be a matter taken up with *gasp* TGI Fridays! Not Cedar Point.

^^ That's very true, never really thought of it that way.

Here's a little tip, if you feel yourself losing your sight due to the blood being drained from your head, immediately tighten your ab muscles as much as you comfortably can. If that doesn't work right away, try tightening the muscles in your arms and legs also. That should push some blood back to where it's supposed to be. As others have said, it's no big deal, but this could help return your sight faster than it coming back on its own.

Edited by FeelTheFORCE