TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

At this rate it will be well over 100MPH for IntimidaTOUR!

Wait...you're still doing the KD leg of the IntimidaTOUR? You should, like, not go. Maybe that will teach Intamin and KD.

At least make special shirts for the day "IntRimidaTOUR". I think the park would have at least a good sense of humor about that...

^ You know that there are actually people, who don't live within 30 miles of the park, that are actually REALLY looking forward to riding Intimidator - with or without the trims, and traveling from locations all over the world to do so.

Honestly, it's comments like yours which is making me question whether or not we'd want to turn our visit into "East Coast Bash."

Because I want the people who come to the event to enjoy it and have a GREAT time. So much hard work and effort goes into putting on one of our bash events that the VERY LAST PEOPLE I want at a TPR event is a bunch of whiny obnoxious locals who are going to complain the whole day because of something so insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

And I am ABSOLUTLEY CERTAIN that the people who have paid a lot of money to come on this tour, don't want people like that at the event either.

I'm really on the fence right now about East Coast Bash even happening. Maybe we should just keep that day exclusive to tour members only to avoid the complainers. That's actually sounding like a good idea to me.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

^ Probably a good idea.

My friends and I made day trips (6 hours of driving each day) to ride Intimidator 305 each weekend it was open until the changes were made.

It isn't just "locals" that are unhappy about the change.

Things You Can't Do When You Have A Girlfriend #77:

My friends and I made day trips (6 hours of driving each day) to ride Intimidator 305 each weekend it was open until the changes were made.

BTW, I saw a coaster enthusiast today (white male, brown hair, slightly heavy set, green plaid shirts, glasses)

If you yell "ITS COMING RIGHT FOR US!!!" It's ok to shoot at him.

--Robb

Not to sound like an idiot, (which I probably am) I'm not getting the inside joke. My ignorance.

Like its been posted, The GP are still raving about this coaster. When the coaster comes rolling off the brakes they are clapping and whooping...

Who gives a d*** about those trims, I barely noticed the after the countless rides I had on 305 today. I guess the coaster is an a acquired taste.

Edited by robbalvey

BTW, I saw a coaster enthusiast today (white male, brown hair, slightly heavy set, green plaid shirts, glasses)

If you yell "IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US!!!" It's ok to shoot at him.

--Robb

Not to sound like an idiot, (which I probably am) I'm not getting the inside joke. My ignorance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE5pGeCUM-Y

Edited by robbalvey

Intrimidator will go down in coaster history as one of the largest examples of engineering failure and false advertising (the park is still selling shirts that claim 85+mph).

I think the engineer's probably did quite fine. Could it be a marketing dept fail instead? Maybe your home park went to Intamin and asked for a 300ft/90+mph ride, and didn't really think it through too much (for whatever reason it was trimmed, stress on the riders, maintenance, whatever) I imagine the "plan B" that is the trims was in the plans all along - much like how they change out all sorts of wheels when testing and opening a new ride, they need to tinker with it a bit

No, if there is "Blame" to be laid in the fact that I305 is not quite up to the promised specs anymore, it is definitley Intamin's. If the technology was not there to make a ride with the requested specs, they just should have said no to the client. They have "Over-promised" before.

It is still a great ride and a great addition to the park. And some like it better this way then before. To each his own. I've ridden it both ways and I still like it alot. It just does not have that "Danger Factor" anymore that knocked my socks off before the trims. It's like after you've had sex with Angelina Jolie, sex with Jenifer Love-Hewitt, while still awesome, is not the same. With Jen it is great and all, but with Angie, you've got that whole "I just might die from the experience" thrill.

Big_Al

It's like after you've had sex with Angelina Jolie, sex with Jenifer Love-Hewitt, while still awesome, is not the same. With Jen it is great and all, but with Angie, you've got that whole "I just might die from the experience" thrill.

You do realize this analogy was lost on 99.9% of the crowd, right?

It's like after you've had sex with Angelina Jolie, sex with Jenifer Love-Hewitt, while still awesome, is not the same. With Jen it is great and all, but with Angie, you've got that whole "I just might die from the experience" thrill.

You do realize this analogy was lost on 99.9% of the crowd, right?

Yeah, but that .01 percent REALLY gets it!

It's like after you've had sex with Angelina Jolie, sex with Jenifer Love-Hewitt, while still awesome, is not the same.

Most of the people reading this forum would settle for sex with Snuffleupagus.

^ You know that there are actually people, who don't live within 30 miles of the park, that are actually REALLY looking forward to riding Intimidator - with or without the trims, and traveling from locations all over the world to do so.

Honestly, it's comments like yours which is making me question whether or not we'd want to turn our visit into "East Coast Bash."

Because I want the people who come to the event to enjoy it and have a GREAT time. So much hard work and effort goes into putting on one of our bash events that the VERY LAST PEOPLE I want at a TPR event is a bunch of whiny obnoxious locals who are going to complain the whole day because of something so insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

And I am ABSOLUTLEY CERTAIN that the people who have paid a lot of money to come on this tour, don't want people like that at the event either.

I'm really on the fence right now about East Coast Bash even happening. Maybe we should just keep that day exclusive to tour members only to avoid the complainers. That's actually sounding like a good idea to me.

--Robb

I was only joking around. I won't be there either way, so you don't need to worry about me ruining the day for anyone. I'd hardly consider myself a local or an obnoxious person away from the internet in any event.

While I agree they are too many complainers here, I read redfoot's and Capitalize's posts as sarcasm. Maybe I read them wrong though.

Right-o

^ I didn't read sarcasm in your post, sorry. You have to understand that, lately it's kind of hard to see who's being serious and who's not...unless of course they have a Snuffleupagus in their post.

We need a Snuffleupagus smilie to inidcate sarcasm now. I get the feeling we'd be seeing that a lot!

Regardless, trims or not I'm going to ride the ride and I'm fairly certain I'm going to love it. It's still faster than Maverick, and it still has the height factor of Millennium Force. I'll pass judgment after I ride this summer, but I doubt I'll hate the ride, nor will it be the end of my world if it isn't as good as I hope it to be. I advocate working rollercoasters.