TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

What else can the brace added to the first drop be for, though?

Well, KD seems to really love chaser lights these days

That would be pretty interesting.

edit: just kidding, it was just mistake.

Edited by Capitalize

On an unrelated note I apparently got myself banned from KDFansite, for what I have no idea. For the best I think anyways, that place isn't exactly crawling with the most mature or informed people.

I think everyone gets banned from KDFansite at one time. Infact, all of my KD friends are banned from KDFansite, or have been. I don't think I am though.

Trim most of the way down the right side of the hill. Slows the train alot. Bad for first drop and air time hill good for rest of ride.

-

Sigh.

This is bull crap! I didn't even get to ride it yet. Now it's wrecked. I hate trimmed first drops. Why didn't you just build it shorter?!

I assume that since (rumors and conjecture reported) it was running much faster than designed, the problem wasn't anticipated beforehand. I wanted to ride it before they slowed it down but I'll always have Robb's video. Sure it'll still be a great ride, though.

Edited by willh51

just rode again. First drop is slow. Lots of hang time down most of the hill. No black or gray out. Second hill had flot air time like mf does. Smooth transitions. Only head chop is befor the camera. Otherwise the back half is much better. Tim and tony are riding back seat now. The ride most likly is better in back now then front.
- Clint Novak

From what I hear the trims are similar to Thirteen's just on a bigger scale and I tell you, 13's first drop seriously sucks purely because of those trims

At least some of you guys got to ride it without the trims! And so that now makes 2 rides from Intamin this year which are/is running a heck of a lot faster than expected or designed...

Or slow the lift down significantly before the drop?

Yeah to me that would've been the better idea rather than wrecking this ride. I refuse to vote trimmed dropped rides high in coaster polls. I feel like I'm being cheated.

Just because it sounds like a better idea, that doesn't mean it would have solved the problems. As I'm not a expert I leave it to the engineers to find the best solution to these types of problems.

Hanging down a three hundred foot drop? That sounds awesome!

QFT.

Jeez people. Bitch Bitch Bitch. I'm sure the ride is still awesome. Would you rather not have it, because I know several parks that would gladly take it off KD's hands.

^ See, I find that a really annoying comment, people aren't now saying the ride sucks and they would rather not have it, they're saying that the ride is not as good as it was/could be, that is what is annoying people. Guh...

I guess Bizarro doesn't have to worry about losing its #1 spot in Mitch's poll this year.

I havent been on I305 yet but I have the feeling it would not have lost that spot anyway even if it was better than Bizarro. Too many complaining about the OTSRs for it to make #1.