TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

^^And instead of saying something like "Oh sorry guys, I got the mailer today. It's going to be April 1st. Here's the scan." you went ahead and called someone an ass.

TPR is all about friendly discussion and having fun. Calling someone an ass and then wondering why people might be skeptical is certainly not how you go about having friendly discussion and fun!

I apologize. I asked on Thursday and got a what I call a rude response this morning. Had the poster that I called an ass read my question he didn't have to even respond if he didn't know.

When I posted earlier, I hadn't received the mail yet today. I posted that because you asked (Jew). Now that I know the date, please disregard my question.

Here's something to preoccupy some time...

That station is hideous... They literally made it look like a McDonald's.

On the plus side the ride really does look intimidating with the new Intamin track style.

It was made to look like a McDonald's just in case the Intimidator deal fell through at any point. That way Kings Dominion can have the first McDonald's: The Ride, where they sell you Big Mac's as you go up the lift hill

It was made to look like a McDonald's just in case the Intimidator deal fell through at any point. That way Kings Dominion can have the first McDonald's: The Ride, where they sell you Big Mac's as you go up the lift hill

Wasn't the same said for Tatsu when that first opened? Or was that Panda Express? What ever a station is as it is...a box to accommodate a train, staff, some theme items on occasion, and tech equipment. Oh and us random Acer's and complaining guests who can't stand the fact they waited 2 seconds to much on the ride!

And if this were the case, would there be a "special sauce" splashdown instead of the TPR favorite gravy splashdown?

I know there will be no splashdown for 305, just sayin'.

The restraints on Storm Runner and Maverick never really bothered me that much. Both rides are very smooth and there isn't much headbanging. I'm 6'3" so if anything hits the restraint it will be my neck instead of my ears. Maybe it's a different case for people who are shorter.

Storm Runner got my neck a few times in that side-to-side motion it does toward the end near the brake run but otherwise I had no problem with the OTSR. I found the lapbar part of the OTSR a little less restricting than the Lapbars of the lap restraints like on S:ROS at SFAm. I'm 6' 4". It was difficult at best to "fit" comfortably in the lapbars on that coaster. I can only imagine the pain I will go through when i go to CP and ride Millie and Top Thrill.

Just hard to imagine that I will ride this beast in a month's time!

The only restraints of Maverick, Fahrenheit, and Storm Runner that have ever bothered me were Maverick, but I've also ridden Maverick a TON more than the other two. But with Maverick I was easily able to get a feel for the layout and lean with the turns to minimize neck slappage. And I'm 6'5", so OTSRs are not typically kind to me. But I'm not too worried about the I305 ones since they seem to be a little more forgiving for "guests of unusual size."

I wonder when this is going to start to test. The other Intimidator as been testing for almost a month or longer and doesn't this open roughly at the same time as the one is the Carolina's? They only have less than a month to test this and then tweak anything that they don't like. With the picture that shows the first car of the trains at the top of the hill i will assume that they have already done the pull through, or are close to being done, but when are we actually going to see this thing in action? Im going to spring break (the first full week in April) and the parents are trying to trash the vacation because they think that the main ride is not going to be ready. I keep telling them that they are stupid and that they need to relax but they don't listen, typical attitude of the parents. Sorry for the rant, but please tell me that this is going to open on time so that I have the chance to tell my parents off again.