TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

What a dingus, in terms to the video...asking Sandor that it was 11 mille. Anyways, I wouldn't put anything past him or the shifty cats at Intamin.

Firstly "what a dingus?" LOL! dude your saying in Belgian."What a stuff?" Why do I blame food network for learning this?

Damn you, Bobby Flay! Anyway, they don't want us to see the trains because they are a new design by Intamin that hover over the track and require NO restraints at all (good news for ACErs). Perhaps, they may even blindfold everyone during the ride to shield us "coaster enthusiasts" from the awesomeness these Swiss hovertrains will deliver.

I'm surprised at all of the effort KD is putting into keeping these trains a secret.

I'm not sure its really a matter of keeping them a secret. Based on how half-hearted the blog and photo gallery have been maintained over the months of construction; I think the trains weren't unloaded yet from the crates so they said screw it and just snapped a quick photo...

Based on how half-hearted the blog and photo gallery have been maintained over the months of construction; I think the trains weren't unloaded yet from the crates so they said screw it and just snapped a quick photo.

Agreed.

Diamondback's page kept me awake while working the third shift last year.

KD posted a lot of pictures on Twitter during that time and unless you're a social networking whore like I am you never would've known. Well, they posted the link to Twitter through Facebook.

I'm surprised at all of the effort KD is putting into keeping these trains a secret.

I'm not sure its really a matter of keeping them a secret. Based on how half-hearted the blog and photo gallery have been maintained over the months of construction; I think the trains weren't unloaded yet from the crates so they said screw it and just snapped a quick photo...

You're probably right. I guess we'll see in the next few days if they really are doing this to agonize coaster enthusiasts, or they need to unload the trains before they take a picture of them. It has been two days since those pictures were taken, I would've thought they would have got new pics uploaded by now, maybe John Pagel has not gotten back down to the construction site yet.

While we are waiting for a pic of the trains...

KDfan at KDfansite has made a comtimplation of all of the past updates and events of Intimidator 305's construction!

Intimidator 305 Timeline

Thanks

And regarding the trains ACE probally has an agreement that they get to see them first this weekend, expect some photos on Sat as ACE has an event.

Part of me wants to believe that they're "teasing" us with the trains because there is something super-awesome about them. But deep down I'm pretty sure that they're teasing us because they know all the bitching is going to start all over again as soon as they're unveiled.

Part of me wants to believe that they're "teasing" us with the trains because there is something super-awesome about them. But deep down I'm pretty sure that they're teasing us because they know all the bitching is going to start all over again as soon as they're unveiled.

*cough* Lake Charles Guy*cough*

Nice to see they started the pull-through, and I think it's pretty amazing how they've stayed on schedule considering the loads of snow they've received down there. As for the coaster itself, I think it looks gorgeous!! Frankly, I could give a crap less what kind of restraints it has, as it looks like one heck of a sweet ride. Probably won't make it there this year, but a trip there is now definitely on the horizon.

Jeff Gordon car FTW...although I was under the impression this would be an Earnhardt-only area.

That's what I thought, they even have a Kodak stockcar too. Could they be a possible sponsor?

They even have the Cole Trickle Mello Yellow car from Days of Thunder as Clint pointed out...I'd like to get my hands on that

Jeff Gordon car FTW...although I was under the impression this would be an Earnhardt-only area.

That's what I thought, they even have a Kodak stockcar too. Could they be a possible sponsor?

They even have the Cole Trickle Mello Yellow car from Days of Thunder as Clint pointed out...I'd like to get my hands on that

I still wonder what KD is up to with these random (Dale Earnhardt-unrelated) stock cars.