TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

^I assume you're not going to the campout?

I would if I could. Sadly, I am a college student. First, They do not have money. Second, They do not have ample time on their hands. I believe I may have an exam on Friday, April 2nd.

I wish I could, but I've have to work. Earliest I could go on Friday is after work at 4 or so. So then I'd have to deal with a 2+ hour drive to KD from DC in rush hour - knowing my luck I'd get my pass processed, get in the park, only to find that the line has been close for the day or something because its getting late.

You silly kids and college...

I'm not planning on making my first ride into a social event... Most of first rides on many new coasters recently have been loner trips. (Even though they are no fun) But since KD is so close to me at home, loner trips are alright. I'll be there the following weekend. I305 will be my first credit of the 2010 season.

I coicidentally planned my Virgina/DC coaster trip over opening weekend and KD is the first park up on my itinerary. So I shall be there for I-305 opening. However, my flight doesnt land until 935a on the 2nd so I'm dismissing the idea of being able to get on the first day (unless I make it the last ride of the night or something like that). I am headed back to the park on my last day (Mon 4/5) so I hope to get the new ride in for sure that day.

Looks like the same restraints found on Maverick at Cedar Point, so I would guess it's what they call an "overhead lap bar" with "shoulder straps". If it is, be prepared for quick direction changes, it could throw you into the restraint if you don't lean into the curve.

^&^^Actually, all that is plausible considering where Intamin is from. In the cold war, Switzerland became a giant alpine fortress. No bridge was built without building detonation into it so that it could be destroyed at a moment's notice. Many families have bomb shelters with concrete thick enough to resist fallout. Innocent-looking alpine barns conceal anti-aircraft guns. They also have giant subterranean hospitals carved out into mountains.

Seriously! We cannot know what evil lurks behind the mild-mannered Sandor Kernacs. He could be holding a detonator at this very moment that could implode every Intamin installation in North America, thus crippling our economy.

^&^^Actually, all that is plausible considering where Intamin is from. In the cold war, Switzerland became a giant alpine fortress. No bridge was built without building detonation into it so that it could be destroyed at a moment's notice. Many families have bomb shelters with concrete thick enough to resist fallout. Innocent-looking alpine barns conceal anti-aircraft guns. They also have giant subterranean hospitals carved out into mountains.

Seriously! We cannot know what evil lurks behind the mild-mannered Sandor Kernacs. He could be holding a detonator at this very moment that could implode every Intamin installation in North America, thus crippling our economy.

So, you are saying these recent Intamin accidents weren't accidents but actually a little preview of the carnage to come? Interesting.

There is a picture of a train's butt on the main site. (http://www.intimidator305.com/public/latest/gallery/) The picture looks like it has a restraint like the ones on Pilgrims Plundge at Holiday World. I cant tell because im blind as a bat, but are there over-the-sholder straps on the restraints from what is pictured?

What a dingus, in terms to the video...asking Sandor that it was 11 mille. Anyways, I wouldn't put anything past him or the shifty cats at Intamin.

Firstly "what a dingus?" LOL! dude your saying in Belgian."What a stuff?" Why do I blame food network for learning this?

Anyway, I am still awaiting the testing of this ride. The second hill I still see kind of like Ka's second hill minus the brakes. It has the potential like any coaster to be great or a big let down. We either see prolonged ejector, or like Ka since it is a drawn out hill, we shall see prolonged floater air.