TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I am going based on first impressions, and not actually having ridden it yet. I just like the layout and appearance of the Carowinds Intimidator more, but I very well could be persuaded the other way after riding them both. I am just more interested in the Carowinds one right now. If the Kings Dominion Intimidator has some good air, that can probably make me change my mind.

-Gary T.

^really? How many new B&M Hypers have been built since the last Intamin Giga was built? Quite a few. You're entitled to your opinion...as shocking as it is.

Soooo...its shocking to say you look foward to one coaster instead of the other...

LOL what does it matter how many b&m's were built?? I mean it seems you went waaaaaay left with that comment when all the dude said was he was looking foward to carowinds coaster more than kd's coaster. Im not sensing any bias-ness in his post at all...

Well, technically Kings Dominion would be more of my home park than Carowinds, as KD is about 3 hours away and Carowinds is 4.5 hours. I certainly do want to give them both a try next year though, and now that I have a job that puts my degree to use (as opposed to simply working at Lowes Foods), I may have the funds to do both around their respective openning weekends.

-Gary T.

I had to laugh today when I went to visit my 80-year-old obese grandmother with manic depression and dementia and she asked me, "when are you going to take me to ride the ferris wheel and the "giggy giggy" coaster at Kings Dominion?"

Apparently she's been watching the local news lately!

I saw someone yesterday (Saturday) in the queue of Drop Tower wearing a TPR shirt! Was it any of you guys?

Also, just wanted to point out Kings Dominion's Halloween Haunt website is up.

http://haunt.kingsdominion.com/

I was there, long hair, blue jean shorts??

Is your hair kind of Blondish Brown? I was not even in the 2 lines to get on the next ride, when I saw you (if it was you). I think it was around 8 or 9 o'clock.

I believe so, it was getting dark, the wifey wouldn't ride, talked her into the next day though.

A bunch of my friends came with me, only one of them (my little cousin) knows a lot about the amusement industry. Of course he and my gf were the only ones that would ride Drop Tower with me. My friend Mike said he thought it would fall over. The next time I am going is for one of the first nights of Haunt, John Pagal said it would be bigger and better than ever this year. I cannot wait!

Thank you. But Id really like to thank CF. In the short time they have owned the park they have made it a park to travel to. Its my home park and I cant say how happy they have made me. I went to Cedar Point right before they bought the PP,And they have more than lived up to what I could have hoped for.