TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

According to someone at KDFansite who was at the park for the announcement, Brian Mitchell asked Mr. Kinzel for clarification on the restraints to be used, and he responded that the animations are wrong and that no OTSR will be used on the ride.

I'm not sure if I believe that or not though...

Everything on the website shows the trains as having OSTR's.

has any one found airtime with Intamin OSTR's painful. That bunny hop on fahrenheit left my legs sore the rest of the day. And those quick transition turns are Maverick are killers on the neck

Totally agree with you. I'm feeling more and more underwhelmed by this. After all the hype I'm thoroughly let down so far.

Imagine if Nitro had standard sitdown trains. Not so great of a ride anymore. Oh well. Looks like anything better than B&M would've built.

Meh, I'd take Apollo's Chariot or even SROS at SFA over a neck chopping good time with two airtime hills. Of course I should probably wait and actually ride it first before going off the deep end too much here.

You know...

When was the last Intamin hyper/giga/whatever was built in the USA?

I can put my minor complaints about the restraints aside (yes, they are minor, as they don't really bother me) and just be happy that North America is finally seeing another Intamin hyper get built.

The best case scenario here is that this sparks more of this type of ride to get built!

I don't see why this is such a bad thing...

--Robb

ps. You guys are all talking is though you have been ON the ride already. Why don't you save your whining and complaining for when the ride opens and then you can find out for yourselves how bad it really is?

I don't think that a design could ever exists that doesn't bum people out.

A 300' mega-lite is underwhelming? Enough said.

And hasn't the OTSR issue been thoroughly debunked by now? It's safe to assume that our necks won't have to worry about transition karate chops on this ride.

I don't want to beat a dead horse too much, but why does Maverick's trains have the description - Fiberglass and steel coaches with over-the-shoulder restraints and interlocking seat belts - when this ride is specifically described as not featuring over the should restraints? It just seems completely bizarre to me.

Either way, w/e, we'll see I suppose.

I don't think that a design could ever exists that doesn't bum people out.

A 300' mega-lite is underwhelming? Enough said.

And hasn't the OTSR issue been thoroughly debunked by now? It's safe to assume that our necks won't have to worry about transition karate chops on this ride.

Debunked how so? All we have is conflicting pictures and hearsay thus far.

The best case scenario here is that this sparks more of this type of ride to get built!

Too bad none will ever be built on the West Coast.

I keed, I keed

Now that I say that, SFMM will build one.

But yeah, aside from the restraints, looks like it will be a fun ride. Though, I do find it weird that a NASCAR themed coaster is making so many RIGHT turns.

The wording on the Intimidator site, the quote from Kinzel at the press conference and Pilgrims Plunge.

The PP animations had the same restraints that you see on the Intimidator videos and it wound up having the new overhead lapbars.

The guy that does the animations apparently hasn't figured out a way to reproduce the new restraint system.

You know...

When was the last Intamin hyper/giga/whatever was built in the USA?

I can put my minor complaints about the restraints aside (yes, they are minor, as they don't really bother me) and just be happy that North America is finally seeing another Intamin hyper get built.

I don't see why this is such a bad thing...

--Robb

ps. You guys are all talking is though you have been ON the ride already. Why don't you save your whining and complaining for when the ride opens and then you can find out for yourselves how bad it really is?

THANK YOU! Seriously, all anybody ever wanted was basically another Intamin hyper, and now that it's here, "It has OTSR so it sucks." That is, at best, a minor complaint, not a "totally destroys the ride" complaint. Plus, you're talking about a ride being painful before it's been built! I think I've banged my head more reading this topic than this ride ever will.

The wording on the Intimidator site, the quote from Kinzel at the press conference and Pilgrims Plunge.

The PP animations had the same restraints that you see on the Intimidator videos and it wound up having the new overhead lapbars.

The guy that does the animations apparently hasn't figured out a way to reproduce the new restraint system.

I really hope that is the case. Time will tell.

I'm gonna be able to ride this close to it's opening date, thanks to a business trip very close by.

I think it looks like a fun ride, but that's hard to say. Millennium Force looked like a fun ride, and it was the most boring thing I'd been on in a long time. I'm glad that another Intamin giga is being built, it's been a while.

I think this thing looks pretty cool though, just saw the POV and off-ride videos. Great addition to any park, though as previously mentioned, I can't help but sense the vibe that CF went out of their way to not make this ride "better" than MF. It's almost like they built it with the mentality, "You think this was fun, go check out the one at our flagship park". But I've been meaning to check out the Mid-Atlantic one of this days, BGE, SFA, KD, and maybe even CW if time permits. I'm not gonna lie, this is giving me more of a reason to do so.

Does anyone else think its interesting that the lift only has two supports when its a 305 foot lift? They look massive. I personally have never seen such a design. Usually they just use a bunch of smaller ones. Should look really interesting. Can't wait to ride this thing.

doesn't seem that odd to me looking at Intamin's past support oddities. Look at their top hat elements (Xcelerator as an example) - no supports at all in the arc section. What I find more interesting is that there's a 300+ foot drop and then all super tight twists and turns. It's going to HAUL!

Ummmmm.....what?

I think its weird that there are only 2 supports n the lift also. Maybe they plan to add more smaller supports and didn't diagram em... Only time will tell,. I can't wait to ride this thing! Its going to have massive head banging if it has OTSR, just look at how jam packed that layout is.. imagine it at 90+ mph... I can feel the head/neck ache already lol