TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

^Someone said that they're hiding supports in a secret staging area

I don't know, if they are starting construction soon, why are there no supports of decent size? It is very puzzling indeed.

They could be cross bars. In other words, little supports to make up larger ones. Like used on MF....You know.. the huge lift structure?

Yeah, I bet you are correct, but even then there is not enough to make a Millennium Force like lift support structure. Maybe construction may not be starting as soon as some think.

Video Update: This might be a little far fetched... but I've noticed this today... Can you see this being an out & back Giga and traveling out into the empty area/field at 00:38? I believe this land is also owned by the park.

The park does not own that land (Almost certain). Earlier in this thread (WAY early, like 1-10 I believe) there's a Google map image showing the property lines. The lines run parallel to Volcano and the area of construction all the way back to behind Hurler. Don't worry about that field. The land that they do own is almost the size of the park now so they have plenty of room to build a enormous coaster.

KD does own a good chunk of the land on the east side of the theme park boundary (east of the railroad and Doswell road). The park's campground is located on the northern edge of the property (bordering on the southern side of route 30) and a couple large tracks of land to the south of the campground. The park has allowed the boy scouts and girl scouts to camp on those fields during weekends when the park featured special days for those groups in the past.

The main part of the new state fairgrounds are east of KD's property and on the north side of route 30. There is some land that the state fair owns on the south side of route 30 (east of the KD property) that will be for parking.

When you go to the 2009 Virginia State Fair, you will take the Doswell exit off of interstate 95 heading east on route 30. You will pass the front of KD drive over the railroad tracks and pass the KD campground on the right(southern side). About 1/4 to 1/2 mile east of the KD campground, you will turn right and park on the land south of route 30. The state fair has built a tunnel under route 30 to take the fair goers to the north side of route 30 to the main area of the fairgrounds. you can google the "State Fair of Virginia to get more info. The fair runs 1 and 1/2 weeks starting the last week of September.

P.S. You can also access Route 30 from Route 1 to the west and Route 301 to the east.

This is what my coaster eye is showing me. Even though I do not want it to be a vertical lift. I just cant see a typical "giga" lift fitting within this footprint, but then again... I could be wrong. With that large hole to the left of Anaconda, I really see the lift crest of the supports going there. Now, this is what I see only for the main footprint. What do u think? (disregard the black supports, even though it looks better )

^I think that would set the record for world's largest schlong right there, I really think they'll find some way to fit a traditional cable lift in

LMAO!!... anyways... I totally hope its not a vertical lift, but theres a very large area they are digging up and I can see them putting some type of heavy large supports there for something vertical. I'll draw up another draft soon with a typical lift to see how it turns out.

Just curious, but is there any terrain that could be used to this ride's advantage back there?

Even without it, if this thing were to reach 350+ feet, we might even see a second hill topping out at 300. I mean, with the truss system they aren't going to have to worry about a multitude of supports (and dollar bills) to get numerous hills above the 200-250-foot mark. Just a thought...

This is what my coaster eye is showing me. Even though I do not want it to be a vertical lift. I just cant see a typical "giga" lift fitting within this footprint, but then again... I could be wrong. With that large hole to the left of Anaconda, I really see the lift crest of the supports going there. Now, this is what I see only for the main footprint. What do u think? (disregard the black supports, even though it looks better )

Wow, that is a very good drawling. Although I really hope it is not a vertical lift, though it would not surprise me.

Well, now that we know that Big Bad Wolf at BGE is officially closing, I think it's safe to say that KD's giga is going to serve as both a roller coaster AND a method of transportation between the two parks, so obviously BBW's station will serve as the Busch Garden's loading/unloading point. The two parks are working in harmony (those supports that were delivered to the "wrong" park? They went to BGE of course!), and they will each basically have one giga a piece, though the two will be seamlessly connected. It's all one track, but there will be TWO lift hills and TWO stations - one at each park! Ta da!

^I think that would set the record for world's largest schlong right there, I really think they'll find some way to fit a traditional cable lift in

LMAO!!... anyways... I totally hope its not a vertical lift, but theres a very large area they are digging up and I can see them putting some type of heavy large supports there for something vertical. I'll draw up another draft soon with a typical lift to see how it turns out.

Yeah, Im still with the 45-60 degree lift theory. I think that large hole theyre digging will be for one of the massive support structures for a Giga lift like the large towers on MF's lift.

I have heard there are more stakes under Anaconda's break run. Does this mean it may be on its way out? I really have no clue, but I would be much more saddened to see Anaconda go than Big Bad Wolf. What could they replace it with, nothing! Who knows, these stakes could just be construction boundaries, I really hope that is all they are. Who knows.

I have heard there are more stakes under Anaconda's break run. Does this mean it may be on its way out? I really have no clue, but I would be much more saddened to see Anaconda go than Big Bad Wolf. What could they replace it with, nothing! Who knows, these stakes could just be construction boundaries, I really hope that is all they are. Who knows.

Uh, if it's true that Anaconda's on the way then it sounds like they're replacing it with an Intamin Giga.

Maybe it goes under the break run.

The stakes(at least two of them) are directly under the brakerun & almost on top of the footers & have the pink flags on them....I noticed it yesterday while getting off the ride to photograph the construction progress.

When are you going to post your pics?