TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Yo! Hey everybody guess what?

KD is building a 300 foot 4-D, inverted, Intamin Aquatrax with lasers, snakes, horses, and fire. The ride is supposed to have a heartline roll launch to the moon where it will have 20 left turns, 50 right turns, and a 120 degree drop before falling back down to Earth. Then it will become a yellow B&M prototype with 200 loops which goes through a bunch of rings. In order to satisfy the ACErs, the ride will end with a splashdown into a pool of gravy. The brake run will be inside a gigantic trash can filled with concrete.

Rumor has it that although B&M has a magical contract with Busch that lasts 1,000 years, they will build their newest prototype at KD. I know because the Dippin Dots guy AND the Lemon Chill guy told me...

I am not upset by any joking around. I have a great sense of humor actually. I just think people go a little to far with some of the jokes. You can only make the comment "its going to be a 500ft aquatrax named lazer snake horse on fire" before it is no longer funny. It is now to the point where the thread isnt interesting to read because its like reading the smae post over and over.

After a while the joke gets stale and isnt funny any more. Does anyone agree with me on this?

To be honest, I think you're just setting yourself up for more comments about laser, snakes, horses, fire, rings, etc.

As seen here:

KD is building a 300 foot 4-D, inverted, Intamin Aquatrax with lasers, snakes, horses, and fire. The ride is supposed to have a heartline roll launch to the moon where it will have 20 left turns, 50 right turns, and a 120 degree drop before falling back down to Earth. Then it will become a yellow B&M prototype with 200 loops which goes through a bunch of rings. In order to satisfy the ACErs, the ride will end with a splashdown into a pool of gravy. The brake run will be inside a gigantic trash can filled with concrete.

Rumor has it that although B&M has a magical contract with Busch that lasts 1,000 years, they will build their newest prototype at KD. I know because the Dippin Dots guy AND the Lemon Chill guy told me...

Actually there going to theme the rings as a magician and a hat and call it fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo: The Ride

and here

I've been doing my research and found out that the ride's name is going to have somthing to do with a snake and a mustang. Although I did this research, I heard from a reliable source that this will be named after a water snake, which is on fire at first, then cools down. Part of the coaster will go on the lake Anaconda sits on, and this is where the 'cool down' part of the ride will be. Over the lake the track will be painted blue.....aquatrax anyone?

A lot of those comments were purely posted to annoy you, if you ask me.

Yeah, yesterday there were about 50 sitting in the parking lot by the supports!!!

I will NOT ride it if the splashdown pool has gravy in it. Nasty.

But in all seriousness, yesterday when I was at KD there was a dug-out area in the land clearing that looked kinda pond-like, almost suspiciously like a splashdown area the size of Diamondback's. Hmmmmmm.

Well I call the coaster "Gigatrax" at the moment (until there's a name), so maybe this could be an *drumroll*.... AQUAGIGATRAX!

I realize there's a patent, but I'm sure somebody holds a patent for anti-rollbacks, but every company uses them, just differently than another.

I'm hoping for a surprise ranch dressing splashdown.

Maybe KD will make it a plethora of different sauces. Since I'm hoping for Honey Mustard and I've seen people wanting gravy and ranch hopefully they will make seperate splashdowns or just one with honey mustard. Maybe even put them all in a giant witch pot and mix them together. If not I will won't be a happy camper.

Alcohol evaporates much faster than water, so if they do go with the vodka route I fear they're going to have to do a lot of refilling.

You people really do need to do some research next time. I'm currently working the evaporation rates of beef vs. turkey gravy, then we will have our true answer.

Alcohol evaporates much faster than water, so if they do go with the vodka route I fear they're going to have to do a lot of refilling.

You people really do need to do some research next time. I'm currently working the evaporation rates of beef vs. turkey gravy, then we will have our true answer.

They could always water it down.