TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

There is no such thing as a mixed review for MF.

It is insane.

Period.

I hear this, "It is so awesome, awesome airtime, everything, best ride in the world!" and this, "It looked so good, but it wasn't, there was no airtime, just not my type of ride."

If this truly is a Giga (& I have no reason not to believe it wouldn't be) It kind of make sense. Busch Gardens has Apollo's Chariot and I feel that this is a good B&M. CF would be foolish to try and top this ride. Also a 200ft+ coaster on the east coast is not that big of news. Most people in the DE Valley know of Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens and it may not have been that big of a draw if they went the 200 foot route. Also I have a feeling that Busch Gardens has a deal with B&M where they can't build any B&M's close to Busch Gardens Williamsburg. ( I Know Dominator is a B&M but it is also a transplant and most likely would not have been included in such a deal). Anyway I think this is great news. Once they hit 400+ feet I thought that we would never see another 300+ foot coaster although it did take a few years for parks to follow-up with another 200 foot coaster after Magnum was built. Anyway I can't wait for the official word to come and truly verify that it is a Giga coaster and give us the stats.

CF would be foolish to try and top this ride.

Also I have a feeling that Busch Gardens has a deal with B&M where they can't build any B&M's close to Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Anyway I can't wait for the official word to come and truly verify that it is a Giga coaster and give us the stats.

Why?

Just yesterday I was telling some commenters no way KD would build a Giga. And I was defending my 'low' 9 out of 10review for MF b/c I didn't experience any airtime. Funny how 24 hours can change things.

I was hoping for an Intamin Mega Lite for KD, but I should have known that in America bigger = better. So an airtime packed mega lite might not have been appealing enough. I just hope it has airtime and a more interesting layout than MF's. This is pretty shocking news to me.

And lastly I hope CF leaves some washers laying around down here at Carowinds too!

Personally I don't care what track looks like. I just care if it rides well. Intamin knows what they're doing, let's let them engineer the ride, shall we?

Isnt all the engineering done lol...all thats left is to construct the coaster...

OMG!

Here's hoping for nothing whatsoever that would make them think to use OTSR's. Please bring on the lapbars!

So what kind of trip are Robb and Elissa going to put together if this ride turns out to Be Millennium Force with 9 or Ten airtime hills?

Taken from here:

Here's the rest of the highlights:

- There will definitely NOT be any B&M flyer at CP, ever.

- A dive machine is not out of the question.

- One of the gentlemen in charge of future ride installations or whatever, has been pushing for a darkride for years now.

- The earring rule on Maverick is implemented by Intamin, not CP.

- This is speculation on my part, but I'd look for KD to receive something big in the next few years.

- Demon Drop is still for sale.

- When discussing theming, Kinzel made the comment that if given the choice, he'd always rather spend an extra million on more track than theming.

- And on a lighter note, someone asked if they had ridden Kingda Ka? I can't remember who answered, but they said they were there to ride ET, and after pausing for comedic effect, said that KK was down.

- Finally, it was mentioned that it's a possibility that Clair Hain of GCI *may* eventually try to improve Mean Streak. We can only hope!

Perhaps a bit early as of now (without any official announcement, or confirmation), but I'll go ahead and give myself a small pat on the back.

I was hoping for an Intamin Mega Lite for KD, but I should have known that in America bigger = better. So an airtime packed mega lite might not have been appealing enough. I just hope it has airtime and a more interesting layout than MF's. This is pretty shocking news to me.

Speaking of Megalites.. Check out the newest one in China. Its near the end... That thing is hauling some major hiney! http://www.coastertouring.com/Videos/Happy%20Valley%20web.wmv

Who would have thought. King's Dominion getting a Giga. I want to see this thing, The new track looks horrible and really seperates itself from the old Intamin track...which I love. Thank You CF for building a Giga on the east coast but all records will tremble in 2011 when Jersey Devil at SfGadv Drops!

Who would have thought. King's Dominion getting a Giga. I want to see this thing, The new track looks horrible and really seperates itself from the old Intamin track...which I love. Thank You CF for building a Giga on the east coast but all records will tremble in 2011 when Jersey Devil at SfGadv Drops!

Honestly, does it matter what the track looks like? No. Its what the track does that matters.

It does matter what the track looks like because if they throw up a big piece of crap your going to come on TPR.com and complain that it's an eyesore. I just don't want to see KD's new coaster in the World's Ugliest Coasters thread.

Taken from here:

Here's the rest of the highlights:

- There will definitely NOT be any B&M flyer at CP, ever.

- A dive machine is not out of the question.

- One of the gentlemen in charge of future ride installations or whatever, has been pushing for a darkride for years now.

- The earring rule on Maverick is implemented by Intamin, not CP.

- This is speculation on my part, but I'd look for KD to receive something big in the next few years.

- Demon Drop is still for sale.

- When discussing theming, Kinzel made the comment that if given the choice, he'd always rather spend an extra million on more track than theming.

- And on a lighter note, someone asked if they had ridden Kingda Ka? I can't remember who answered, but they said they were there to ride ET, and after pausing for comedic effect, said that KK was down.

- Finally, it was mentioned that it's a possibility that Clair Hain of GCI *may* eventually try to improve Mean Streak. We can only hope!

Perhaps a bit early as of now (without any official announcement, or confirmation), but I'll go ahead and give myself a small pat on the back.

But didnt dominator and that loop fill that quota lol...