TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Maybe those supports were meant to go to Carowinds or something...

That's a real possibility seeing as they're the only other CF park on the east coast of the continental US so don't be suprised if these supports show up over the next day or two in carowind's parking lot.

That's a real possibility seeing as they're the only other CF park on the east coast of the continental US so don't be suprised if these supports show up over the next day or two in carowind's parking lot.

Dorney is actually closer to both the coast and to KD.

Interesting move of the supports. I'm not really sure what to think yet.

I highly doubt Support Columns could be delivered to the wrong park. Someone at KD, with authorization, would have had to sign the Delivery Manifest which would have listed the Customer and Supplier, origin of the shipment, the contents, weight, and where it was to be delivered. It's highly doubtful someone from KD would have signed a Delivery Manifest for Carowinds, unless someone made a big mistake with paperwork.

- Sid

^And if they did do that, I have no doubt they lost their job...
Not to mention why would a park unload Containers they were not expecting. Usually there is also someone on site from the Manufacturer at the park beginning when Parts begin to arrive/footers are poured through opening of the ride. So it all seems more and more less probable these support columns were destined for another park.

- Sid

I just got back from KD, it looks like some supports are still sitting in the parking lot.

The area that is being cleared is bigger then what I thought when I saw the pictures. It will be either a big coaster or a small coaster along with a new area to the park.

There is RED track in the parking lot at KD right now.

Clint from KDFansite is there now.

Not sure if it really belongs to KD or not

Not sure of the manufacturer either but there are 4 pieces of track there now.

Clint will post pics later today when he gets back home.

Update.

There is a total of 6 pieces of Red Track in the parking lot. There are a few of the yellow supports still there from last week.

Clint has no idea what kind of track this is but he said it looks a little like Vekoma Flying track. He really has no idea though.

Pics later today.