TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

It is an Intamin period. From the way it looks it seems like an iSpeed-type of coaster. I can't wait to see the layout and hope they try something new inversion-wise.

Since the area near the construction site is themed to the Congo, the yellow paintjob does fit.

http://www.kdfansite.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=53

Just got back from KD. There were some other coaster geeks like my self out in the parking lot taking pics!

Land clearing is really going fast. They are now working on an area behind rebel yell that you cant see from the tower. I got some shoots from Anaconda but still cant see all that well.

The Anaconda employees were joking around that they are putting the monster rider from Geauga Lake there.

Also trip down to KD is reported on my twitter page so if the track is there, the twitter will be the first to know!

Also also... lol Kings Dominion said today that they will be doing specials all summer long via there twitter. So if you follow them and you get an update that says "Ice Cream at the (name here) is only $2.00 today" you just say hey my twitter said its only $2.00 and thats what you get.

www.twitter.com/coastercrew <-- for that track twitter!

www.twitter.com/KingsDominionVA <-- Great stuff!

As far as the containers go, no help there, but like I said if you want answers as to where they come from, someone needs to get a pic of the actual rig. They are loaded with DOT info as to their origins, plus they have the little thing on the front and back called a plate which should more than likely belong to a carrier from the state in which the containers are being shipped from. Or even better yet Clint could use his power to try and talk nicely to one of the drivers and see where he is picking up the containers from LOL.

You know,what with the fact that parks are now requesting the customer info be kept secret on the labels of the track itself perhaps now they're trying to conceal the shipment itself so as to keep us from following,or spotting the rigs on the highway hauling the goods & following them to their final destination?

Whatever it is, to me it would not make sense to put a DM or even a B&M Hyper, since BGW already have those 2. The only thing they might put from B&M is a Flyer, and I highly doubt that will Happen. So I think a may be another Manufacturer, but who knows?

Oh well, thats the waiting game

SFFT put in a Batman clone, which is also at Sea World. If a theme park company on Cedar Fair's level would put in a clone of a ride in the same city, I'm sure they would put in a ride of the same type that is in the same state.

If you really want to know what its going to be then why not go to the towns website and check their town meetings minutes. Im sure they had to file for permits to build it.

Been there,done that & so far nadda.We've already gleaned all the possible info we can from the zoning board documants since the park is being rather tightlipped about the project.

As far as the containers go, no help there, but like I said if you want answers as to where they come from, someone needs to get a pic of the actual rig. They are loaded with DOT info as to their origins, plus they have the little thing on the front and back called a plate which should more than likely belong to a carrier from the state in which the containers are being shipped from. Or even better yet Clint could use his power to try and talk nicely to one of the drivers and see where he is picking up the containers from LOL.

You know,what with the fact that parks are now requesting the customer info be kept secret on the labels of the track itself perhaps now they're trying to conceal the shipment itself so as to keep us from following,or spotting the rigs on the highway hauling the goods & following them to their final destination?

You can't conceal anything from the DOT. So if the goods are coming from the plant in Ohio, then the trucks have to have some kind of identifiable sticker that would more than likely also include PA, WVa, MD, and VA. They are not going to hire out drivers from some other state, they would use a local driver to haul the container so therefore he should have an Ohio plate on the front end of his rig. All you have to do is see one coming into or out of the parking lot and take a look at the front end. If they are not from Ohio then chances are it is not B & M.

If you really want to know what its going to be then why not go to the towns website and check their town meetings minutes. Im sure they had to file for permits to build it.

Been there,done that & so far nadda.We've already gleaned all the possible info we can from the zoning board documants since the park is being rather tightlipped about the project.

Then you have to go to the town hall in person and request to see the plans. They cannot refuse to show you them because of the "Right to know act"

SFFT put in a Batman clone, which is also at Sea World. If a theme park company on Cedar Fair's level would put in a clone of a ride in the same city, I'm sure they would put in a ride of the same type that is in the same state.

But think through the logic here. The Batman clone wasn't "chosen", it was moved from a park that had closed (probably forever) to the only park in the system without an inverted coaster (Great Escape has/had Astroworld's Vekoma SLC on site). I highly doubt Six Flags would have commissioned a brand new Batman clone for SFFT, especially given all of the highly marketable options in that price range they could have chosen from.