TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Anaconda bangs your head around.

The first half isn't too bad but the second half is horrid,perhaps if they got rid of the butterfly element the ride would improve,but not by much.

Its the lowest part of the butterfly element that bangs everyone up in particular. That transition is awful... Other then that it isn't a bad ride, imo. The final corkscrews are fantastic.

I have my platinum pass for this upcoming season. This may be my last full season of owning a season pass due to next year saving up money for a house and planning on going back to school etc. I am going to enjoy it while I can. Anyways I'm looking forward to April 5th I can't make it on opening day I work every Saturday so it won't cut it for me. I'm looking forward to some laps on Dominator and the many new changes happening this year.

Just got my voucher for my VIP Season Pass in the mail...

I'm a little confused though because in bold letters on the top of my voucher is says "Voucher for ONE friend or family member"?

Also, since the VIP pass has benefits, if I were to bring a friend who does not own a VIP pass, would they be able to share to the benefits with me as long as I was with them?

Thanks.

The fire comes out right when a train is dispatched (one or 2 big bursts of flameage) so the fire is gone by the time (24 seconds later) you get there but you can smell propane sometimes. You do not see it when you are on it but you can here it or if it is night you can see the glow.

Out of all the effects KD/PKD have installed I am really glad they have maintained and kept this one running consistently for over 10 years.

JEFF

I think BLSC has the best effects.

-2009 KDTalk-

Hmm last time I rode it in October the only thing that worked was the burst of flame before the tunnel.

-onboard audio was ripped out prior to 2008

-I have not seen the the bullet/water sprays since opening weekend of the ride in 2006

-All the times I went in 2008 I think I saw the Helicopter work maybe twice

-Police lights do not even light up anymore.

-Most of the time the splash is a slight dribble.

Opening day 2006 was the only time I have seen every effect working.

It does have/had some cool effects but when most of them are never running or are gone now it is hard to award it with the best effects.

JEFF

In all honesty all they need to do is re-theme Avalanche to something like; "Lava Gulch" or something.... because snow usually isn't around when there is lava erupting out of an active volcano.....

I always thought they should have move Ricochet to the Congo, and re-themed it, and put BLSC beside Rebel Yell/Hurler..... but that's just me. All I want to see put back in BLSC is the lights, they looked so awesome at night, but then again so does any coaster with lights at night. The splash still kinda works, the helicopter has only worked maybe five times out of the 35 times I went last season. And last, they really reeeeeeeeeally need to add padding around the butt area, becasue that last drop then the supposed "air-time" bump really hurts if your not practically standing.