TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Yeah, and I must say I'm not a big fan of Cedar Fair's map style. I guess I'll get used to the cartooniness though. It's not as bad as the mid-90s Six Flags ones where they color coded it and you couldn't tell what type of coaster was what.

Can't wait to try out Dominator. They said it'd be ready in May right?

At first I was doubting the location... but that video helped me see how its sets in and looks from within the park. Its gonna fit well. It will have inversions of any coaster in the park. And will pretty much tower over the other coasters. I just hope they will plant a few trees amongst the space within the coaster layout and weave the queue line within the structure/layout as well.

The ride will definately look better once it's all painted, they would never leave it looking "messy" like that. I actually like orange better than yellow for the track, Volcano's track is yellow already and it's pretty close to this ride. I'm looking forward to seeing the ride finished, painted, and landscaped, and I love the location at the front of the park. DOMINATOR looming over the front King's DOMINION, it just works...

I like the idea of the loop being a different color too especially with the absolutely enormous size of it. The picture posted by pkd804 from the parking lot is my wallpaper because I underestimate the size of that loop. They should try like a color transition gradient similar to the color transition gradient technique used on avatar the ride at Nick universe . That would be cool how the orange transitions to the yellow (or light orange). I think that thing that doesn't work for me is the support color... I think id look better if they were the purple color that would match the trains, but I agree when its all finished it will look great.

Anyone have pictures of the newly painted Beserker?

Also just throwing this out there of no intention of starting a topic... I'm sad to see HS:XLC gone!!!! I had a similar experience to Will Holder from Coaster Crew if you read his Thrill Holder Blog.... however.. I think that space would be perfect for a Delirium/ Max Air Clone or Perilous Plunge Clone since Diamond Falls was removed!!!

At 11:00AM on Saturday we will be looking for park funs to talk about there thoughts on how Dominator is shaping up for the In the Loop podcast. If you would like to be a part of the video podcast, please meet us at 11:00AM next to the Berserker.

Look for the guy with the video equipment and the funny hat!