TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Erik, the fact that you won't be captain of the arrow short bus this time is also a strong reason not to go.

I was curious about that one, even though it's supposed to be awful I did want to try out that intense launch, oh well, that's an extra 2 hours free to do KD.

Whoo hoo! Hopefully it will go to CGA where it was supposed to go in the first place & we'll get it in 09 after the gigantic GCI woodie in 08. That will be a nice touch! CGA has absolutely NO launch coasters except for Greased Lightnin which is long gone. Who cares if it was crappy. CGA could sure use it!

Whoo hoo! Hopefully it will go to CGA where it was supposed to go in the first place & we'll get it in 09 after the gigantic GCI woodie in 08. That will be a nice touch! CGA has absolutely NO launch coasters except for Greased Lightnin which is long gone.

The GCI is new for 2009.

Erik, the fact that you won't be captain of the arrow short bus this time is also a strong reason not to go.

I was curious about that one, even though it's supposed to be awful I did want to try out that intense launch, oh well, that's an extra 2 hours free to do KD.

Awwwww...I feel special. The launch section was pretty good, its just everything else after the airtime hill.

Whoo hoo! Hopefully it will go to CGA where it was supposed to go in the first place & we'll get it in 09 after the gigantic GCI woodie in 08. That will be a nice touch! CGA has absolutely NO launch coasters except for Greased Lightnin which is long gone. Who cares if it was crappy. CGA could sure use it!

You wouldn't want that POS had you ever gotten a chance to ride it.I'm happy as a pig in slop that it's going bye bye & no,it's not being relocated...except to a scrapyard somewhere.

Yes, the launch was intense.

But the top hat was so tight it slammed my head into the head rest. My vision was filled with stars as it slammed me over the top. Then the bone shattering rattling on the turn took care of whatever feeling I had left.

The ride sucked. Good riddance.

After seeing the trains for the ride opening in Germany, I wonder if the track would allow for the use of polyurithane wheels as opposed to the tires that Hypersonic used.

I mean, that was one of the big problems with this, right? The bouncing of the tires?

I'm sure sorry to see this coaster go, but I guess the coaster had two problems that Cedar Fair decided to deal with and eliminate: too much downtime and only could seat up to eight riders per train.

Still, it was and will remain one of my favorite coasters. Hopefully, there will be another park that will buy this coaster and set it up (maybe a small park).

As for the rumored coaster that is planning to take Hypersonic's place, all I can say is "BRING IT ON!!!

I have mixed feelings about HyperSonic. On one hand, the first few times I rode it from 2002 up to about 2004 or 2005, I thought it was an awesome ride. A great launch, and although short, it was a fun ride. But at some point around 2005 or 2006, it just was a shadow of its former self. The launch was always great, but the rest of the ride suffered because of the way your head played pinball.

I wish they could have made it like it was before, but since it ran the way it did over the past couple years, I am not too upset to see it go.

I really want to say some language that I''m pretty sure will get me banned. Ah this just stinks. Did you know last year they shut down Flight of Fear? They only re-opened it by "popular demand" Im gonna spare you guys the beauty, I've got a nice long "friendly" letter to type to my "friends" Cedar Fair.

Ah, I lost it. Im just gonna see if they confirm, if not, oh boy it aint gonna be pretty. If they get rid of that coaster I vow to NEVER set foot in any park owned or operated by Cedar Fair. I will have to revert back to Busch Gardens

This is it, forget Kings Dominion. I guess Ill go to Bisch Gardens and the Virginia Beach Amustment Park. This is just, I wont even say what is is because Im sure there are kids here. Oh Hypersonic did have its rough spots but it was a great coaster. The only Major coasters now are Flight of Fear(which mind you they tried to get rid of last year!), and Volcano(and if they place one fingernail on it I swear). I would say Dominator but who nows, could suck.

I need a moment

^^Didn't Cedar Fair SAVE FoF from being moved? Or did I read that wrong? And Dominator was the highlight of Geauga Lake--unless it got extremely messed up on the truck trip it should be perfectly fine (it's a B&M after all). Kings Dominion is not a bad park, nor is beloved Volcano in any apparent danger.

I never had the opportunity to ride Hyper. And while people say good riddance and say I am lucky for never riding it, it is much easier to say that after being on it. For someone who has never experienced it, I wanted to try it, despite knowing I would never want to ride it again. It's just that whole thing about "letting people decide for themselves". I rode SOB at KI and (ready?) ENJOYED IT. [GASP]

But oh well, I won't lose any sleep over it.