TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

^^You hope I don't go? Oh well, I always thought you were a nice guy.

^I really hope Stan does do that. Its low capacity makes it perfect for a small park, but it might be too expensive to run and maintain.

You've got a much nicer launch coaster just a short drive away from you at Knott's. Hypersonic was very herky jerky after the first hill, not as a steel coaster should be at all.

Well looks like it might be official now.

I had heard a report a couple weeks ago that XLC was being dismantled but I wanted to wait till a little more evidence surfaced.

XLC has been removed from the website (but the Dominator headline still advertises it as the 14th coaster....probably an oversight)

http://www1.cedarfair.com/kingsdominion/attractions/category.cfm?ac_id=13

I can see XLC's hill from the Train (Amtrak) and as of last week it was still standing but this is starting to look like a reality now.

It was fun the 1st couple of times but it has really got old quick...oh well.

JEFF

Funny thing is when I looked on the list it said "12 coasters" so in addition to HSXLC what other coaster might the park be removing? I wonder given the lack of real progress on Dominator's construction could they have cancelled the ride & we get nothing for 2008? Clint Novak over at coastercrew is scheduled to visit the park for in the loop to check up on Dominator construction on monday & from what I've heard the park is still waiting on shipments of track to come in from GL so I guess we'll find out what Dominator's status is then.

Renaming the parks rides I would do this//

I sort of like Crypt on Tomb Raider, but I do agree they should change the theming around a bit to make it sort of indoors giving it a crypt like feel.

Italian Job, changing it to Backlot Stunt Coaster, thats pathetic, why not just name it Stunt Coaster, I mean come on... the backlot has nothing to do with it and just makes it sound like its on some parking lot!

Guess names dont bother me for coasters. I mean you could call Montu something else and it wouldnt change the ride to me.

Anyway I love the graphic posted above, it really puts your life into perspective. I would love to buy one of those just to have as novilty item.

EDIT, well ask and you shall recieve. http://www.dvdrewinder.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1

I cant believe it, its the first I have seen this.

I really wanted to try out Hypersonic on the East Coast trip too, that's just Cedar not Fair!

Back Lot Stunt Coaster, that sucks, but at least they didn't call it Back Door Stunt Coaster. Dominator that's a crap name too, they should give it an an S & M theme.

That is a picture from today and you can still see it there!

We also got pictures from the Dominator site as well as a video podcast of all the fun stuff going on. They are pouring footers and hope to start with steel by Feb 1st.

Pictures: http://www.coastercrew.com/gallery/index.php

Video: http://www.coastercrew.com/intheloop.php?action=play&fileid=112

Cedar Fair is getting pretty lame with the colors and the names lately. Cant they come up with something a little more original. I for one have never liked when a coaster has different sections of track deferent colors. Like Silver Bullet with the red lift hill supports and the rest silver, never made much sense to me. Guess its just a preference of mine on color of rides. I wish they would have made the ties a different color then having the loop a different color. Oh well, guess I shouldn't complain as the ride may turn out to be beautiful looking. Wont know tell later this season when its done.

No word on when they are going to start painting it but I did get the color sceam for the supports and track.

Supports and Track color

You can see that there will be three colors. One for the loops, one for the track, and one for the supports.

Also shows the colors of the train.

Clint, thanks for posting that info. Dominator construction and Dolly's River Battle progress were good to see. Any word on Kalahari? Hmmm?

Back to the point on the ride renames, (giving up and shrugs) Eh, waddya gonna do?

• 3 weeks later...